Vanity URLs are custom URLs for your company, such as yourcompany.zoom.us. You can apply for a Vanity URL or Zoom may suggest one for you. When SSO (Single Sign On) is enabled, this subdomain is required so that users can log in using SSO. You can also brand this vanity page with your logo/brand, but a majority of your end users do not type to access this vanity page directly and instead click a link to join a meeting. The vanity page is not used for webinar registration or waiting room, although both of these can be customized individually.
You may contact Zoom Support to change your existing Vanity URL if you already have one. To create a new Vanity URL, you’ll need to meet the same requirements as described below.
- Business, Education, Enterprise, or API plan
- Account owner or admin
- A custom domain owned by your organization
Note: Widely used, generic domains, such as @gmail.com or @outlook.com, cannot be used
Guidelines and Requirements
- At https://zoom.us/account, you can apply for a Vanity URL
- A Vanity URL request must be submitted from your official domain, not a public domain (gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc.).
- Vanity URLs should match the domain name of your company. For example:
- “hooli.com” should apply for “hooli.zoom.us”.
- “hooli.org” should apply for “hooli-org.zoom.us”
- “hooli.com.au” should apply for “hooli-au.zoom.us”
- “hooli.org.au” should apply for “hooli-org-au.zoom.us”
- “hooli.edu” should apply for “hooli-edu.zoom.us”
- If you submit your request from email@example.com and request hooli.zoom.us, you must submit evidence that you own hooli.com
- If you need a vanity URL for a sub-account or department, it should contain the department name and the organization’s domain name.
- For example, if you need a vanity URL for your IT department, you should request “hooli-it.zoom.us”.
- Vanity URLs should be at least 4 characters in length (https://1234.zoom.us).
- Vanity URLs must only contain letters, numbers and dashes (-).
- You can select from pre-defined Vanity URLs that Zoom suggests based on your account information.
- Vanity URLs conforming to the guidelines will be approved within 1 business day. Non-conforming Vanity URLS will be declined or approved within 4-5 business days. Notifications will be sent to the email address of the user who requested the URL.
- We reserve the right to remove or change your Vanity URL if there is a conflict between 2 companies for the same Vanity URL. You will be notified prior to any changes.
Changing an existing Vanity URL
Please contact Zoom Support if your account has already been approved for a Vanity URL, but you would like to change it.
You should inform Zoom Support if you require the previous vanity URL to redirect to the new vanity URL. This is necessary if you still have active meeting links with the previous vanity URL and wish to ensure that they continue to work without resending invites.
It is also necessary to adjust the SSO settings with the new Vanity URL, as well as sign-in again to any scheduling extensions and plugins after the new vanity URL is approved.