The zoom meeting settings are important for your meetings because of the disable and enable features. Based on these settings you can control recording, break out, chat, and several other features. However, these settings are tiered which can be locked or on and off by the meeting admins.
This article covers settings features that are for the user level. The admins along with the control of these features have some extra group and account-related benefits.
This article covers:
- Accessing and editing meeting settings
- Meeting tab
- Recording tab
- Telephone tab
How to edit and access the Zoom meetings settings?
Step 1. Begin by zoom sign in to the web portal.
Step 2. Tap on settings.
Step 3. On the toggle on or off settings tap in.
Step 4. However, your settings can get locked at the group or account level. Every time the settings are locked at both account or group levels, you will be notified about it near your settings option. For any kind of change, the owner of the account or the admin can modify it from the section group management or account settings.
You can change the settings for your meeting, telephonic, and recording tab. Please note, that in some settings you can only change based on the prerequisites. Follow up the article if you are not finding any setting option for your group.
Settings on the Meeting tab.
In all zoom meetings there usually remains one zoom security setting. The options available are: waiting room, passcode, and the third one are only authenticated users can join the meeting. The default security option is waiting room in case no particular security option is put on.
You must enable these security settings if you have any of the following accounts: one license user account, pro account with two or more licenses, or accounts with 10-100 licenses also known as business accounts.
If you have an API, Business, enterprise, or education account then you can disable or enable the account easily.
- Meeting Passcode protected- Those meetings either instant or which are scheduled where the users join through the room system or client are safeguarded with a passcode. The passcode is generally processed in random riding the time of the meeting schedule. And the participants used to enter the meeting through the random passcode. The settings for this meeting don’t permit personal meeting ID also known as PMI. Two types of passcode are-
- The passcode for the meeting which is already scheduled is required.
- The passcode for scheduled meetings. Make a passcode for the meeting.
- PMI or Personal Meeting ID. Make a passcode for your zoom meetings with PMI.
- The passcode for the webinar. A random passcode is generated during the scheduling of a webinar. For attending the webinar, attendees have to enter a passcode.
- The passcode for participants who are joining by phone.
- The passcode for a personal audio conference.
- One-click embedded passcode on the link.
- Only authenticated users can join the meetings: zoom meeting participants have to authenticate by using the web client before going to the zoom meeting.
- Blocking entry or approving users from a particular region or country- with the help of the user IP address of the country or region you can approve or disapprove users from joining the zoom meeting. Only you have to change the countries or regions at the time of the meeting schedule. For that use outlook add-in or zoom web portal.
- The use of end-to-end encryption.
- You have to encrypt end to end by allowing E2EE. After that just set the default encryption type at times of setting the particular meeting.
- Video host– You should begin the video by keeping the host video on. Even then, the host can disable or enable the video within the meeting controls option.
- Video participants – You should begin the video by keeping the participant video on. Even then, the participants can disable or enable the video within the meeting controls option.
- Type of Audio- With this the hist can specify in what way participants can join with the audio of the meeting.
- Telephone or computer audio- The meeting participants anytime can join by telephone or else with the desktop speaker or microphone or the headset.
- Telephone: With this option, participants only have to join by telephone.
- Computer audio: In the zoom meeting participants can only use the computer speaker or microphone.
- 3rd party audio: If your device is attached to any third-party audio then participants can use the third-party non-zoom audio.
- Allie participants to join the meeting before the host; participants can join the meeting earlier than the host joins the meeting. However, this can also not function, if the options are disabled. In that case, participants can only join the website after the host joins.
- Enabling PMI or Personal Meeting ID.
- You can use PMI for meeting scheduling.
- PMI is also used to begin an instant meeting.
- Participants muting when they join the meeting. This by default mutes the participant’s web they join for the meeting. And it depends on the host to u mute a participant.
- Meeting reminders- You can set for computer notifications before a meeting. You can change the remind time if the Zoom desktop client.
Fundamentals of in meeting.
- In meeting needs encryption for the third-party endpoints like H323/SIP.
- Chat participants cab use in meeting chat as per their convenience.
- Participants sometimes are prevented from saving the in-meeting chat with the preventing participants from chat saving option.
- Private chat- With the option participants can send private chats to other participants.
- Autosaving chat option.
- Notification sound if someone joins or leaves the meeting- the option will play a telephonic recording or notification sound if a participant joins or leave the meeting.
- Sound playing for –
- Everyone. With this, the notification sound will be heard by the host and all participants.
- Hosts or co-hosts. The notifying wound will only be played for the host and the co-host of the meeting.
- Joining by phone.
- Instructing to join the meeting with a voice recorder as notification.
If participants are joining by telephone then they can record their names. And later the telephonic record will be used as a notification sound for hosts and participants as per the settings.
- Irrespective of the audio device, that is both computer or telephone audio, everyone including hosts can hear the sound if the following option is chosen.
- If the host and co-host option is chosen then the host can hear the telephonic or computer chimp sound as per the selected fields.
- Transferring files.
- Only permit specific types of files.
- Max. size of the file.
- Zoom feedback.
- At the end of the meeting survey experience. This includes:
- Webinar survey.
- Webinar polls.
- Meeting polls.
- Always display meeting control toolbar
- Displaying zoom windows at times of sharing screen.
- Screen share:
- Can we all share the screen?- Either hosts or participants can share the screen. At the time of the live meeting, you can change it.
- Can someone still share the screen in case, anyone else is already sharing? Either hosts or participants can share the screen. At the time of the live meeting, you can change it.
- Disabling computer sharing of the screen at the meeting hosting.
- Enabling screen share saving along with annotation.
- Annotation can be done by the user who is sharing the screen.
- Permit in the saving of the whiteboard content.
- Autosaving whiteboard content when the screen sharing is stopped.
- Remote control.
- Permitting users for the remote control to share the clipboard.
- Reactions for the meeting.
- Joining different zoom meetings at one time on a computer.
- Allowing removed users to rejoin.
- Allowing participants so that they can rename themselves.
- Hiding the participant’s profile picture from a meeting.
Advanced In Meeting.
With advanced meetings, you can even live stream to a third party. Given below is the list of zoom advanced in meeting features.
- Reporting to the zoom app.
- Question and Answer in the webinar.
- Breakout zoom.
- Enabling host to pre-assign participants.
- Remote support.
- Closing captions.
- Allowing transcription on live service to display the transcript to the suds panel in the meeting.
- Saving the captions.
- Interpreting language.
- Far end camera control.
- Had Video for the group.
- Enabling the participants to use virtual backgrounds.
- Filters for video.
- Finding guests participants in the webinar or the meeting.
- The auto-answer feature in group chat.
- The default email option for the participants while inviting other participants for a meeting.
- The HTML format email for the outlook plugin.
- Using stereo audio for client settings.
- Using original sound for client settings.
- Displaying join from your browser hyperlink.
- Enabling meeting live streaming facility is available for platforms like-
- Facebook workplace.
- Custom live streaming.
- Removing users to view the live streaming. It does not apply to RTMP.
- Displaying a disclaimer at the joining or start of a meeting. Your admin is in control of the setting. Only you can be whether the disclaimer is disabled or enabled.
- Permission request for unmuting.
- If the cloud recording is enabled.
- Sending one copy to the scheduled person of the meeting or webinar for the host- the cloud recording notification feature is given to the person who has the scheduling privilege of the webinar or meeting host.
- A copy was sent to the alternative hosts. The cloud recording email can also be shared with the alternative host added by the original host.
- When before the host attendees join a meeting.
- Meeting cancellation.
- An alternative host is removed or set for the present meeting.
- If someone scheduled the meeting for the host.
- When the cloud recording will be deleted permanently from the trash.
- IOS Snap switcher blue snapshot.
- Calling the root system (SiP/H.323 ) straightaway by the client.
- The user-level setting privilege of an invitation email.
- The user-level setting right for scheduling privilege.
- The key for Zapier Configuration or the integration authentication.
- Recording locally
- With the host’s permission to meeting participants, they can do the local recording.
- The cloud recording. It permits hosts so that they can record the webinar or meeting in the zoom cloud. Choosing the recording layouts and types of files for recording.
- Permit ing sharing of cloud records.
- Auto recording.
- The access control of IP address. With this, some particular up address will have the privilege of cloud sharing.
- Users authentication before the cloud recording. It allows the authenticated zoom users to view the shared cloud recording the web portal of zoom. Know more about authenticated profiles on the zoom website.
- Setting the recording on-demand by default.
- Need a password to view cloud recordings.
- Viewers can see the transcript. With this option enabled, viewers can see the transcript of the recordings with the given link. However, it is valid for newly generated recordings.
- With Write, one Read many WORM) states recording the meeting. This configured option is view only. The option can be disabled or enabled by the admins.
- After a particular time, auto-delete the cloud recordings.
- Only the host can delete the recordings.
- The disclaimer for recording.
- List of auto-notifications while recording the meeting.
- The user-level setting to showing numbers at the linked invitation email.
- Toll call.
- Toll-free toll call.
- Enabling webinar attendees to dial the above numbers.
- Call me and phone invitation.
- Before connecting the meeting the call me users have to press 1.
- Call out by regions or countries.
- Picking from where the participants from the meeting, call into or call.
- PAC or the Personal Audio Conference.
- 3rd party audio.
- The mask phone number from the list of participants.
- Global dial-in regions or countries.
Thus, the above listed are some of the inbuilt telephonic, meeting, or recording features that the hosts and the participants can try in the meeting or webinar.
All credit – zoom.us