This feature is an automatic one that Teams uses in meeting rooms when they add live captioning or transcriptions to the meeting. Through it, the speaker is identified as well as the information they are saying. If you wish, you will be able to hide your name from the live captions as well as the live transcriptions of the meeting, as well as the saved transcripts that will be available soon after the meeting, which can be accessed any time you wish.
In order to speak anonymously at the meeting, you must do this before the meeting starts.
- On the top of Teams, under More options, you will see a picture next to your photo, and you will then have the option to select Settings.
- You can turn off the option to automatically identify me in meeting transcripts and captions by clicking the toggle button next to Automatically identify me in meeting transcripts and captions. Identifying yourself in the transcript of a meeting can be done with the same option you use to identify yourself in meetings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn off transcripts in Microsoft teams?
- From the meeting controls, you can get to the meeting controls by clicking on the More actions menu item.
- The transcript can now be stopped or the recording can be stopped (in the event that a recording is being performed).
Does live captions on Teams show for everyone?
How do I remove my name from Teams meeting?
- You can find all of the attendees in the meeting window by clicking the Participants icon.
- By right-clicking on their name on the left side of your account, you can select to remove them from your account by right-clicking on their name and selecting to remove them.
- The top of the window has a drop-down menu that can be accessed by selecting Remove at the top. There will be no more attendance at the meeting for the attendee.
How do I join a Teams meeting anonymously?
Can I hide my identity on Teams?