You can customize the startup and close options of Skype so that it will automatically perform the actions you want every time you start up the computer or close the application window.
In order to access the startup and close options in Skype, follow the steps below:
- Select your profile picture.
- Select Settings.
- Select General.
The options that appear under Startup and Close will differ depending on the platform that you are using.
Skype for Windows Desktop, for Windows 10 & 11 (versions 15) and Linux:
- Skype will start automatically when you sign in – When you sign in, Skype will automatically start.
It is important to note that in Skype for Windows 10 & 11 (version 15), you will need to select Settings in order to be taken to the Startup Apps window.
- Start Skype in the background – When Skype is launched in the background, it will start with its notifications minimized.
- Keep Skype running after closing the application window – When closing the application window, keep Skype running in the background.
Skype for Mac:
- After closing the application window, keep Skype running – When the application window is closed, Skype will continue to run.
To Know more –
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my Skype layout?
How do I make sure Skype doesn’t open on startup?
- Click on the three dots next to the picture of your Skype profile in order to edit it.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “General” from the drop-down menu in the Settings menu.
- The icon for Manually starting Skype can be found in the General menu. When you click on it, it will appear as a gray and white slider.
How do I get rid of Skype popups?
- Click on the Skype icon to launch it.
- When Skype automatically logs you in, you will be asked to click on “Skype” at the top of the screen.
- The drop-down list containing the option to “Sign Out” will appear when you click on it.
- In the Skype login menu, there is an option to uncheck the box next to the option that says “Sign me in when Skype starts” by clicking on it.
How do I fix my Skype?
How do I stop Skype for business from starting automatically Mac?
How do I quit Skype on Mac?
- To begin with, you have to control click Skype and select Quit Skype so that you can exit this program.
- Drag your copy of Skype to the trash in your Applications folder by opening your Applications folder.
- Open Finder and use the search feature in Mac OS X to find “Skype” by using the search function found in the Finder. …
- If you want to empty your trash, you need to control-click on the trash button and select Empty Trash.
- You need to restart your computer in order to fix the problem.