In Windows and Linux, the Skype logo appears in the taskbar as soon as you sign in to Skype. In Mac OS, the Skype logo appears in the dock once you sign in to Skype.
In some cases, the Skype logo may still appear if the Skype window is closed.
Click on the Skype logo in the system tray and right-click or control-click it to select Quit Skype to remove Skype from the taskbar, dock or system tray. There will be no more instant messages or calls from Skype after doing this, which means that the application will be closed completely.
By changing the settings of your application, you can choose whether Skype will keep running when you select X when closing the application window or if it will completely shut down when you select X.
To do this:
- Sign in to Skype.
- Select your profile picture.
- Select Settings.
- Select General.
- Turn the On close, keep Skype running toggle on or off.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I hide Skype on my laptop?
- Click the profile picture that you would like to use from Chats.
- Make a selection. Select the setting that you would like to change, then click on it. The contact list.
- Please select the Privacy option.
- Turn off the feature of appearing in search results when you are done searching. The option can be turned back on at any time in order to make yourself discoverable again in the future.
Why does Skype install every time?
Does Windows 11 come with Skype?
How do I stop Skype from automatically updating?
- You can access the Microsoft Store by selecting it from the Start screen.
- Once you have selected your profile picture, you will be able to select the App settings tab.
- You will need to turn off the toggle for the automatic update of apps under the App updates section.
All images and contents credit goes to supportskype.com