- From the Chats page, click on the profile picture that you would like to use.
- Please select your current status in terms of your presence.
- There are a number of options to choose from when selecting your status:
- Active – Be available to your contacts and ready to chat.
- Away – If you are going to be unavailable, please let your contacts know. The setting automatically kicks in after you have been inactive for an hour or more, but can be turned on and off at any time you wish.
- Do not disturb -If you don’t want to be bothered by your contacts, please let them know. Even if you are not alerted to the instant message or call, they can still contact you.
Please follow the steps below to receive notifications when your presence has been set to Do not disturb:
- From Chats, select your profile picture.
- Select Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Under Do not disturb toggle Show chat notifications on.
- Invisible -You will appear inactive, but others will be able to see when you were last active.
Tip: Skype on desktop also has a small presence button attached to your profile picture that allows you to quickly access these status options.
Android 4.0.4 – 5.1
- To access the menu, tap the Menu button.
- Click on the current status button.
- Choose from the following status options:
- Active -Get in touch with your contacts and let them know you are available.
- Do Not Disturb -Don’t disturb your contacts. It doesn’t mean you won’t receive instant messages or telephone calls, however.
- Invisible – Masks your presence indicators from others, but they can see when you last set them to Active/Do not disturb.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I hide my presence on Skype?
To hide the status of your presence on the new Skype app, you can follow the steps below on how to do so. You can toggle Show my presence to others on or off if you tap your profile picture > select the Settings button > select Privacy > you can then tap Show my presence to others.
How long until Skype shows inactive?
After five minutes of not moving your mouse on your desktop for the default settings of Skype, the status of your account will change to “Inactive” if you do not move your mouse. After another five minutes of inactivity, your status will change to “Away”, which indicates that you are away.
Can you read a message on Skype without them knowing?
Click the three dots to the right of your user information in the Skype app and sign in if necessary. Then, start the Skype app and sign in if necessary. The Settings menu will appear once you select the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. On the left hand side of the screen, you will see a list of messaging options. If you wish to turn off Read receipts, you can do so by using the toggle button.
What does a green circle with white in the middle mean on Skype?
The presence of a white bubble outlined in green indicates that the person has setup a call forwarding that will send your call either to a mobile phone or to a voicemail box.
What does it mean when Skype says mobile?
Whenever you see that someone shows the “mobile” status in your Skype for Business contact list, then you can assume that he is using a mobile device to sign in to Skype for Business, and that he is not using the desktop client to sign in to Skype for Business.
What does a red circle mean on Skype?
Do Not Disturb
A red circle ( ) indicates a “Do Not Disturb” notice: the user should not be contacted as they cannot respond. Persons who have a white circle( ) are offline. Users can send messages to offline Skype accounts; they will see them the next time they log in.
All images and contents credit goes to supportskype.com