Android (6.0+), Android tablet, iPhone, and iPad
- The profile picture of your account can be accessed from Chats.
- To enable notifications, tap Settings and scroll down to the Notifications section.
- The following notifications can be turned on or off:
- Chat Notifications – mutes only chats (calls will still come through)
- Reactions – notification of reactions to your messages.
- Multiple Devices – You can receive push notifications even while using Skype on another device.
- Tips & Tricks (recommended) – Get notified by Skype about product features.
Note: You might not see birthday notifications if you disable Tips & Tricks in Skype.
- Scheduled call notifications – to remind you of upcoming calls.
- Poll notifications – for poll notifications in Skype.
- Configure Notifications – Change the sound, vibration, and LED indicator settings.
- Reset notification settings – Restore notifications to default.
- Chat banner notifications – enable or disable chat banner notifications.
- Tips & Tricks –
- In-app notifications about Skype features can be shown or hidden.
Note: You will still receive critical system notifications if you disable Tips & Tricks.
- In-app sounds – for banner notifications in-app.
- Scheduled call banner notifications – to remind you about scheduled calls while using Skype.
- Show in-app banner notification for polls – keep track of polls while using Skype.
- Show chat notifications – mutes conversation in Do Not Disturb mode.
- Show call notifications – muffles calls while in Do Not Disturb mode.
- Missed chat reminders – reminds you of chats you missed in the past 72 hours.
- Missed call reminders – to receive email about calls you missed in the last 72 hours.
Android mobile 4.0.4 – 5.1
- Press the Menu button.
- Go to Settings , then Notifications
- Activate or deactivate the following types of notifications:
- Vibrate – vibrates in response to notifications.
- Play sound – listen to sounds in notifications.
- Pulse notification light – activates the device’s light when it receives notifications.
Can I reduce the number of Skype notifications?
- On the top of the chat window, you will see the name of the contact or group that you want to chat with.
- Scroll down the chat window and tap the Chat settings option when you are in a chat. The Group settings can be found by scrolling down the page in a group.
- It is possible to turn off or on notifications for that particular chat.As an alternative, you can also enable Smart notifications in order to only receive notifications when you are quoted or mentioned in a group chat.
Why did I stop receiving Skype notifications?
It is possible that you are not receiving notifications for a number of reasons. Take a look at these suggestions:
- Signing out will stop notifications. Sign in and connect to the internet.
- Don’t forget to turn on Notifications for conversations.
- Don’t forget to turn on your notification sounds.
- By default, you won’t receive chat notifications if you’re in Do Not Disturb mode. By selecting your profile picture and clicking Notifications, you can choose to show chat notifications while Do Not Disturb is on.
- Check your device settings to make sure Skype notifications are not disabled. The way settings are managed varies from device to device. Depending on the manufacturer, you may need to check your device’s settings.
- Ensure that none of your conversations have been turned off.
- Ensure that Skype is up-to-date( latest version).
Why am I still receiving Skype notifications after closing the Skype app?
Despite closing the Skype app, you may still receive notifications if you don’t sign out first. Alternatively, you can sign out before you close the app if you want to stop these notifications.
Despite turning off notifications in Skype, you may still hear new messages. Select Settings > Notifications and turn off or on Notification sounds to stop your device from playing a sound when you receive a Skype message.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get sound notifications on Skype?
- Click on “Tools” from the Skype menu and choose “Options” from the drop-down list in the window that appears to open the Skype Options window.
- You can view the sound settings in the navigation pane on the left behind the notification pane by clicking “Sounds” in the navigation pane.
- For Skype to be able to play sounds, click the “Enable all sounds” button on the toolbar.
How do I turn off Skype sounds on Android?
Why is my Skype phone not ringing?
How do I access Skype settings on Android?
- You can change your profile picture by clicking on it.
- Please select. The settings.
- To change your Skype settings, you can do so by choosing from the following options: Note: You can access your Skype settings from any device or platform; however, not all settings can be changed on every platform. Account & Profile.
Is Skype still a thing?
All images and contents credit goes to supportskype.com