Data and operations can be managed using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI). In order to gather information about the VDI plugins their users are running, organizations can use WMI.
Prerequisites for obtaining VDI plugin information using WMI
- Instrumentation for Windows Management
- For the implementation of a virtual desktop infrastructure
- (VDI) client and plugin version 5.5.6 or later
How to enable WMI for VDI
The following value description can be changed in the VDI client registry settings to enable WMI.
Key: ZOOM/Zoom Meetings/VDI/SOFTWARE/Policies
Value Type: DWORD
Value Description: The VDI client’s in-process WMI provider must be enabled with a value of one (1). Disable the provider by specifying zero (0) or not available.
How to gather data with WMI
The following data can be collected and queried with PowerShell WMI.
An example query is:
Get-WMIObject -N "root/zoom/vdi" -class PluginInfo
- Plugin Information (PluginInfo)
- InstalledVersion –
- Information about the thin client connected to the server.
- IsConnectionOptimized –
- A value of 1 or 0 indicates whether or not the VDI client connection is currently optimized (offloading). A value of 1 indicates yes, a value of 0 indicates no.
- IsPluginDetected –
- Whether a user’s device detected the installed plugin. A value of 1 indicates yes, a value of 0 indicates no.
- PlatformType –
- Linux, Windows, or MacOS
- SessionId –
- An administrator can associate this with the user name of the sign-on session and use it when configuring a Windows logon.
- IsUserInMeeting –
- A user’s mobile device displays a 1 or a 0 depending on if he or she is currently in a meeting. The value 1 indicates yes, the value 0 indicates no.
- IsUserLoggedIn –
- Based on whether a user is currently logged into an account through zoom on the device, the value is either 1 or 0. If 0 is present, a user is not logged into their account.
How to install/uninstall WMI App-V
After each release of the VDI client deployment, run the MOF file compiler (mofcomp.exe). You only have to do this once per release.
Run the following command as an administrator to install:
Use the Uninstall file to uninstall:
Commands for Mofcomp: