To opt out of being discoverable in Skype search:
- From Chats, select your profile picture.
- Select Settings, then select Contacts.
- Select Privacy.
- Make sure that Appear in search results is turned off.
- The option can be turned back on at any time if you wish to become discoverable again.
You may not be shown as opted out of search if you changed your visibility settings in a newer version of Skype. For the most accurate view of your settings, update your Skype version or go to your Skype profile online.
Android 4.0.4 – 5.1
- Tap Menu.
- You can edit your profile by tapping My profile then Edit.
- You can edit your profile by scrolling down to the Settings and preferences drop down menu.
- Make sure Appear in search results is unchecked in Profile settings. This box can be checked back on at any time to make yourself discoverable again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can see me on Skype?
If you want your profile picture to be private, you can do so
- Choose a profile picture for your profile.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Account & Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a picture for your profile.
- You can choose who should be able to see your profile picture under Choose who can see your profile picture.
Can strangers message you on Skype?
Messages from potential strangers
If someone messages you, then you can accept their invitation, but you have to do so to a certain extent
Can you see the other person on Skype?
Does Skype share your location?
How do I trace a Skype account?
The Skype name of the contact can be found on the contact’s profile.
You will find the Skype username of the person next to the heading “Skype Name”. You will use this name in order to locate the IP address of the person you want to find.
All images and contents credit goes to supportskype.com