A Skype voucher or a pre-paid card is an electronic voucher that can be purchased at a variety of retail outlets. In order to use Skype Credits, you can either top up the balance in your account or place calls to phones that are part of subscription packages.
Visit the Skype vouchers website for more information on where to buy them.
How do I redeem my Skype voucher?
- Access your account by logging in.
- Select Redeem voucher from the Billing and Payments section of your Account details.
- On the back of the voucher receipt, there will be an area for you to enter your unique voucher number or the PIN code which is hidden at the bottom of the scratch-off area.
- Please click the box to confirm that you agree with Skype’s terms of service and then select Redeem.
A voucher code will be emailed to you if you purchased your Skype voucher online, along with the purchase information. If you click on the redemption link included in the email, you will be directed to the page where you can redeem your voucher. There is an automatic filling in of the voucher number. Alternatively, if you do not receive an email containing a link, you can manually enter your code by following the steps above.
Can I redeem a Skype voucher in a different currency?
In fact, yes. The value of your Skype voucher will be converted to the currency of the Skype account for which you have purchased the voucher in the event that you have bought the voucher in a currency other than the currency registered with your Skype account. It might be possible that your account will be credited with a different amount as a result of exchange rate differences.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use a Skype voucher?
Redeeming your Skype Card is as simple as the following:
- The credit can be redeemed only with a Skype account. Don’t have one, so I can’t use it. …
- When you click on redeem your card, you will be prompted to input the voucher number that you can see on the back of the Skype Card.
- Use your credit wisely and have a great time doing so. We ask you not to make any commitments – simply shop at participating retail stores to purchase more whenever you need it in the future.
How do I change my Skype payment method?
You can change your Skype Number subscription payment method at any time by following the steps below:
- Make sure that Skype Number subscription is selected in the Manage features section.
- Choose Settings under the Skype Number that you wish to edit.
- You will be prompted to choose a new payment method.
- You will be able to select a different payment method and then select Update (or Save).
What are the payment methods for Skype?
The Skype Credit can be paid for using many methods of payment, including credit cards, PayPal, Sofort banking, as well as a few others.
How do I transfer Skype credit to Paypal?
Skype Credits cannot be transferred from Skype to PayPal as we are not able to do so. There is however the option of transferring Skype Credits from one Skype account to another if there is no issue in doing so. You can find more information about this program by clicking on this link: Click here to find out more.
Does Skype credit expire?
After 180 days of inactivity, you will no longer be able to use your Skype Credit. It is important that at least once every 180 days you call (outside of your subscription, if you have one) or send a text message. There will be two reminder emails sent to you 7 days before the expiration date of your Skype Credit.
What is Skype gift card?
A $10 Skype Credit card (up to 400 minutes) allows you to enjoy all the great features that Skype has to offer, including low-cost international calling to landlines and mobiles across the globe. As well as using your credit to get a subscription, you will also be able to call your loved ones at the low rates offered by Skype.
Can I transfer money from Skype?
You can send Skype credit to friends and family members by going to the Send Skype Credit page. Click on the name of the person you wish to send credit to. The amount of credit you would like to send and the type of gift card you would like to send can be selected. You will be taken through the purchase process when you click on Buy Skype Credit.
How do I check the balance on my Skype card?
Skype for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android 6.0+
- Please login to your Skype account if you do not already have one.
- Your profile picture can be selected by clicking here.
- Under Skype to Phone, you will see a list of Skype Credit balances that you have available.
All images and contents credit goes to supportskype.com