If you specify Split Window View as your preference, you can display your contact list in one window, as well as open each conversation in its own window. If you wish to have a more personalized experience when using Skype, you can move the contact and conversation windows anywhere on the screen.
Note: It is possible to view a split window view on Chromebooks that run Skype, but it is not possible to view it on devices that run mobile or web.
How to enable split screen mode:
Skype for desktop:
- The More menu can be found by selecting the More button.
- You can enable the split view mode by selecting Enable split view mode.
- Among the new features that were added to this version are the ability to split the contact window into two sections, as well as the ability to place the conversation window anywhere on your screen.
Skype on Chromebook:
- The profile picture should be selected when you are creating your profile.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- From the Appearance menu, select the Appearance tab.
- By selecting the checkbox next to the split view mode, you will be able to enable it.
- Now, you have the option of splitting the conversation window and your contact window, so that you can place them anywhere on your screen.
How do I open multiple conversation screens?
If you want to start a new chat, it is as easy as clicking on one of the existing ones in your chat list, or if you would like to start a new chat from the beginning, you can do so by double clicking on it.
Frequently Asked Questions