Collaborating with people outside your organization is seamless. Skype (for consumers) or Skype for Business users outside your organization can be accepted or blocked in Teams.
- Messages can be sent to you in Teams and Skype once you accept. You can also let them know how you are doing.
- Blocking someone will prevent them from sending you messages in Teams or Skype. Your status will also be hidden from them.
Accept or block a person in chat
- Open the chat list by selecting Chat.
- You can either accept or block the chat with the person by selecting the chat with the person.
Preview a message before you accept
Before accepting a message, preview it to avoid spam or phishing attempts.
- By selecting Chat, you will be able to see a list of chats.
- You can preview messages by selecting the person’s chat and then selecting Preview messages.
- You can either accept or block.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you add someone from outside your organization to Teams?
How do you add someone outside your organization to Teams chat?
- Microsoft Teams should be open.
- Click the Chat tab.
- New conversations can be started by clicking the button.
- Enter the user’s email address.
- You can search externally by selecting ‘Search externally’.
- The message has been sent.
How do I accept an external team invite?
The invitation will be sent to your email address if you are invited as a Guest user. You can open Microsoft Teams by clicking on the invitation. The page will redirect you to a page where you must create an account with your existing email address.
Why can’t I accept a Teams meeting invite?
In order to redeem the invitation, you must have a Microsoft account matching the email address of the invitation.
How do you accept meetings on Teams?
- Press Command+4 to open the Calendar view in Microsoft Teams. …
- You can find the meeting you want by pressing the Tab key repeatedly.
- Press Shift+F10 once you have selected the right meeting. …
- Select the option you want by pressing the Right arrow key until you hear it.