During a conference in Zuma, participants can display various information on the screen: show a picture from their screen (various programs and videos), static images, graphics, interactive elements, documents and much more. This is a very useful feature for an online lesson, business meeting, or similar situations. There is even a way to show a presentation in Zoom using it. It is this topic that our article is devoted to.
You must have a presentation viewer installed on your computer (or laptop). The most popular is PowerPoint from the Microsoft Office suite, and we’ll walk through the procedure using its example. But you can use any other program as well.
- Start a video conference, invite other participants to it.
- On the bottom panel of the Zoom window, select the Screen Sharing option .It can also be called using the combination Alt + S…
- In the “Basic” section, select the program window for demonstration. In our case, this is PowerPoint.
- Click on the Share button .
- In the program window, go to the “Slideshow” tab .
- Select the “From the beginning” mode .
If you click on “From current slide” , then the show will start from the slide that is currently open in PowerPoint .
As a result, the presentation in the Zoom conference will be attached. It will become visible to all participants. You can flip through the slides yourself with mouse clicks, but it is more convenient to do this using the arrows on the keyboard.
And when all the necessary information is shown, stop the demonstration by clicking on the corresponding button at the top of the screen.
It is not only the conference organizer who can display various documents for general viewing. This opportunity is available to other participants, which is also very convenient.
PowerPoint from Microsoft is far from the only program for preparing and demonstrating presentations. For example, it has a free Impress alternative from the OpenOffice suite and even various internet services. The principle of working with them is similar:
- Start screen sharing with the desired service in a Zoom meeting.
- Expand it to full screen so other participants don’t see unnecessary controls.
- Scroll through all slides.
- End the broadcast.
- Tell everyone, “Thank you for your attention.”
This is a general algorithm that works for all possible programs.