Adding the Q&A app to your Microsoft Teams meeting will help you organize the way attendees ask questions if you are hosting a structured meeting, such as a webinar or meeting with a large audience.
Before the webinar
- Click Edit > Add a tab (+) on your meeting invite.
- Choose the Q&A app if it is already available or search for it and add it.
- Attendees can be given specific permissions in webinar settings.
- Moderators can decide which Q&A questions will be displayed on the Q&A feed by selecting Moderate attendee conversations.
Note: Moderators should be made organizers if you want them to be moderators.
- Select Save when you’re done.
During a webinar
Attendees can submit questions while a webinar’s in-progress. On the Q&A panel:
- A private moderator view is available under the In review tab. Your attendees will be able to see the questions you choose and publish.
- View published questions under the Publish tab.
- If any of the questions have been dismissed for being irrelevant or duplicate, review them under the Dismissed tab.
- You can filter and address unanswered questions in published conversations by selecting All conversations > Unanswered Questions.
- Let me know when you are ready to respond to a question.
- As soon as a question has been posted, everyone attending the meeting can see the answer to the question.
- Make sure that you pin one of the most important posts to the top of the Q&A panel so that it is visible to everyone.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you have Q&A in Teams webinar?
Does Teams have a Q&A feature?
How do I enable Q&A on Teams live?
Before and after a meeting
- On your event page, click Edit event details.
- Toggle Q&A and comments on or off.
- Save your event.
How do you find Q&A on a team?
Can you download Q&A from Teams?
After the event
The event reports, including the Q&A report, will be available for download after the event is over. Double-click the event invite in your Teams calendar once it has been added to your calendar. Click on the down arrow next to the Q&A report in order to access it.