A call can be forwarded to a different number or to a member of the Teams group, or an additional number can be called simultaneously with your work number.
Set up call forwarding
The first step you need to take if you wish to forward your calls is to click Settings and more from your profile picture which can be found at the top of the screen, which is located next to your profile picture on Teams. Choose Settings > Calls from the menu on the left hand side.
It is possible to select Forward my calls under the call answering rules section of the software, then you can choose whether you would like the forwarded calls to go to voicemail, another phone number, or to a call group, after that you can configure how to forward your calls.
If you are in the Calls section of the Teams screen and you are in the Don’t forward area of the screen, you will be able to find this setting by using the Don’t forward option (or Forward to voicemail, etc.) whenever you are in the area of Calls.
Set up call forwarding to a call group
- Select Forward my calls from the list of call answering rules.
- Select the Call group option from the Forward to menu.
- If you want to add people to the call group, click on the Add people button. There is a limit of 25 people that can be added. A notification will be sent to everyone you add:
- The ring order settings are located in the Ring order menu, where you can choose to ring everyone at the same time or individually in a 20-second interval if you wish. The incoming call will be ringing all the members of your call group at the same time if your group has six or more people.
It is less disruptive to receive calls in a group than in a traditional manner since recipients can select which notifications they would like to receive and decide if they wish to answer them in their settings.
Set up call forwarding for a Teams SIP device
Click on the CFW soft button on the device’s main menu. As part of the Team Call Forwarding setting, the status and instructions for changing the state of the feature will be displayed.
Follow it up with *33* and the number to be forwarded to. Dial strings or E.164 numbers can be used, using the dial plan to convert them.
Set a forward-to phone number redirecting your calls to your office phone if you would like your calls to be forwarded to your voice mail. If you want to change the settings for all the forwarding settings, you have the option to do so.
- Here is an example: *33*+14257222217 or *33*14257222217
The caller will hear a fast busy sound or four rings in a row if the setting has been successful, it indicates that the setting has been implemented successfully.
Forward on timeout (unanswered calls)
- Dial *34*.
- The time can be entered in seconds if you wish. It is important to round the time to the next 10 seconds and it can range from 10 seconds up to 60 seconds. There is a default setting of 20 seconds, which is the default setting.
- If you wish to toll free, dial 0 followed by the number you would like to reach.
- As an example: If I am not answered, ring me again in 10 seconds and if I am not answered, forward my call to 14257222217, or if I am not answered, ring me for 20 seconds – default – and if I am not answered, forward my call to 14257222217)
Set up simultaneous ring
The Teams application can be used if you would like your incoming calls to ring you and another person (like a delegate) simultaneously, a feature that can be configured in the application.
At the top of Teams, next to your profile picture, you will find a setting that lets you customize your environment. Once you have selected Settings > Calls, you can proceed to the next step. You can select the “Calls ring me” option under the Call answering rules. Once your call has been answered, you will be able to select another person to answer it, no one, or a call group to answer it.
Set up simultaneous ring in a call group
- Choose the option ‘Calls ring me’ under Call answering rules.
- Select the Call group option from the Also ring menu.
- Adding people to your call group can be done under the Add people section. There is a limit of 25 people you can add to the list.
- In the Ring order menu, you can choose All at the same time to ring everyone at once or In the order above to ring people in order in 20 seconds intervals, and pick the order at which you wish to call them. It is important to note that incoming calls will ring all participants at the same time if your call group has at least six people.
Set up simultaneous ring for Teams SIP devices
In order to ring a simultaneous phone number at the same time, it is necessary to dial the numerical code ’35’ followed by the number you want to ring at the same time. As far as the telephone number is concerned, it can either be provided in an E.164 format or in a dial string which will be converted into a format that will be understandable by a dial plan based on your selected dial plan.
Create a new call group
The following instructions will guide you through the process of creating a contact group (or a call group).
- On the left hand side of Teams, you will find a tab called Chat.
- At the top of the screen, select the Chat drop-down menu and choose the Contacts option from there.
- In the next step, you will have to choose the option to create a new group of contacts.
- Create a new group by following the instructions on how to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you be on Teams call and phone call at the same time?
Incoming calls can be merged with existing calls by merging them together
In Teams, you can usually merge two existing calls if you’re on one call and receive a call from someone else (or a group call) in the middle of the call that you’re on. You might decide to join the new call with the existing call, but you can’t. You will automatically be put on hold in the event that you accept the new call as soon as you accept it.
Can you forward calls to Microsoft teams?
How do you call multiple Teams on a team?
Video calls can be held between up to 20 people at the same time.
There will be entries in your chat for the calls, however, so you should see them there as well.
- Click on the New chat button in your chat list after you have gone to your chat list. You can start a new conversation by clicking the button below.
- Your new chat will have a field called To at the top, where you can specify the name or names you wish to chat with.
- If you want to make an audio call or a video call, select the appropriate option. Calling can be started by pressing the call button.