To log into the Zoom account, the user needs to enter his email address and the password set during registration. So, one of the main tips for Internet security is to regularly change the data for authorization. This greatly improves the protection of user data. In this article, we will talk about how to change the password in Zoom. We will also look at a way to edit and disable the code for connecting to a video conference.
First, we will focus specifically on changing the password for the account. This procedure is only available on the official website. That is, it cannot be used through a computer program or mobile application.
Now let’s look at the instruction itself. The procedure in this case is as follows:
- In any internet browser, go to this page.
- Enter your account credentials, as well as the code from the image, if required.
- Confirm the entry with the blue button.
- Go to the “Profile” section if it is not open.
- Find the column “Password to enter the system”.
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- A special form will open. In the upper column, enter the old account code. And the other two are new.
- Click on the “Save Changes” button.
- And then – on “OK” in the new window.
Now re-enter your profile on all devices.
Change conference password
Initially, you can enter the video conference either using a special link from the organizer or using an identifier and an access code. So, you can also edit it or completely remove it. Let’s look at the first case first.
Instructions for computers and laptops:
- Log in to your Zoom account if you have not done so before.
- Go to the “Conferences” tab.
- Click on the marked button:
- Enter a new code in the text box.
- Click on the “Save” item.
Instructions for smartphones and tablets:
- Launch the Zoom mobile app and sign in if required.
- Visit the “Conferences” section by clicking on the appropriate item from the bottom panel.
- Now tap on the “Edit” button.
- Edit the connection code in the appropriate column.
- Save your changes by clicking on the corresponding button in the upper right corner of the screen.
And if you want to completely remove the access code for connecting to the conference through an identifier, then check out our article available at this link. There is a detailed description of this procedure for a mobile application and a program for a computer.