When registering for an account with Zoom, you must provide your name, which will be visible to other users of the platform. But in the future, the profile data can be edited, for example, if the surname was entered incorrectly or for some other reason. You just need to understand how to change the name in Zoom. This article is devoted to this topic.
Editing profile data is most conveniently implemented in the mobile application for Android and iOS. But in a PC program, it is somewhat limited, so you have to go to the website. Therefore, we will analyze two separate cases.
Case # 1: Computers and Laptops
In the Zoom client on a computer, this feature is only present in the conference itself. That is, the data from the profile cannot be edited, you need to go to the official website. Let’s take a look at both instructions.
The procedure for changing the nickname in the conference:
- Connect to a video meeting in any convenient way.
- Click on the Manage Members button on the bottom panel.
- Hover the cursor over the column with you in a new window.
- Click on “More” .
- select the first option from the context menu.
- Type in the new option and click OK .
You can do this not only for yourself, but also for other participants.
You can only rename yourself entirely through the website:
- Go to the login page .
- Log in to your own account.
- Open the “Profile” section in the “Personal” section .
- Click the Edit button on the right side of the page.
- Enter the new first and last name in the appropriate fields.
- Click on “Save Changes” .
Case # 2: Smartphones and Tablets
In the mobile application, changing user data is somewhat more convenient. We bring to your attention step by step instructions:
- Launch Zoom on your phone or tablet.
- Tap on the “Settings” item , which can be found on the bottom panel.
- Click on the top column.
- This will open the My Profiles page . On it, tap on the option “Displayed …”
- Rename yourself and click OK .
- Close the settings page.
It will also be possible to change your or someone else’s name during the conference:
- Connect to an online conversation.
- Tap on “Participants” on the bottom panel of the screen.
- Click on the column with your profile in the general list.
- Select the “Rename” option .
- Make changes and apply it by tapping on the “OK” button .
- Close the page you no longer need.