Zoom’s desktop client and website allow you to change the language displayed. Zoom clients support the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
Zoom’s language is determined by the language of the operating system on Android and iOS.
Hosts can also designate interpreters to translate between languages during their meeting or webinar.
Prerequisites for changing your language on Zoom
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: version 3.5.53922.0613 or higher
- macOS: version 3.5.53922.0613 or higher
- Linux: version 3.5.53922.0613 or higher
Version 5.8.6 or higher is required for Polish and Turkish language support.
How to change your language on Zoom
- Click the Windows Start button in the bottom left corner of your desktop.
- Navigate to the Zoom folder, then click Zoom to launch the application.
- The notification tray icon * can be found on the bottom right of your Windows taskbar.
- Click the Zoom icon to open it.
- Navigate to the language switcher.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Zoom will restart and you will have to reopen it or sign in again if you were signed in.
- To locate the Zoom application, go to your Finder, then Application.
- To launch the application, click zoom.us.
- Right-click or option-click the Zoom icon in your dock to launch it.
- Click Switch Languages.
- Select the language you wish Zoom to be in.
- Confirm that you wish to change the language.
- You will now be able to choose your desired language for Zoom.
- Zoom can be found by searching Show Applications.
- Open Zoom by clicking its icon.
- To switch languages, right-click the Zoom icon on the Activities screen and select Switch Languages.
- Choose the language you wish to use.
- Zoom will restart, and you will need to open it again or sign in if you were already signed in.
If you are logged in to your Zoom account, you can modify the language of your Zoom web page.
Log in to your account if you have not done so already:
- On Zoom’s website, scroll to the bottom of any page.
- Click on the drop-down Language menu at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your language. The page will instantly change to your chosen language.
If you are logged into your account:
- Navigate to your profile.
- Click Edit at the far right of Language on the right side of the page.
- Select your language from the drop-down list.
- Save your changes.
Zoom’s language is determined by the default language of the iOS operating system. You must change the operating system language in order to change the language in Zoom.
- Go to the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Select General.
- Tap Language & Region.
- Then tap iPhone/iPad Language.
- Select the desired language.
- Click Done.
- Your device’s language has now been changed. It will be used when Zoom is restarted.
The language of Zoom on Android is determined by the default operating system language. You will need to change your operating system language in order to change Zoom’s language.
- Go to the Settings app on your Android device.
- Select Language and Input.
- Select the new language.
- Zoom will switch to the new language automatically.