Whenever you have unread messages in a channel and if there have been activities in it but you haven’t seen them yet, the channel name appears bold and you can click on it for more information. You will be able to see the channel in your list as long as you favorite it.
Additionally, you can learn that a channel is active when you receive notifications when people mention you or reply to a conversation you’re taking part in within the channel.
Check Your Activity Feed
You won’t be distracted by every conversation that requires your attention – All of your notifications will be displayed in your Activity feed, so you won’t be distracted by every conversation that demands your attention. The Activity feed will display all of your notifications, so you will never miss a thing! All of your notifications will appear in your Activity feed, so you won’t miss anything important. You’ll never miss anything – All of your notifications will appear in your Activity feed! Whenever someone does any of the following, you will receive a notification:
- You are mentioned in a conversation by another person when they @mentioned you in the conversation (your own @mentions will also be shown in the conversation).
- Whenever you @mentioned a member of your team or channel, he or she will receive an email notification
- Conversations that you have been a part of and responses to them
- In response to your responses, you will receive a reply
Use the command box
The command box at the top of Teams can also be used as another way to check your notifications.
- To view your unread channel notifications, type /unread into the channel’s command line
- The /mentions command will show you all the @mentions that you have received
From your team list, you will only see the channels you have favorited. An active channel with unread messages is known as a bold channel.
Whenever you look at the list of channels, you will be able to see how many times you have been mentioned by any of them by looking at the number that appears next to them in the list. Whenever you are mentioned by @teams within your activity feed, you will see a team icon displayed in your activity feed.
Furthermore, you will be notified via your activity feed whenever you have been @mentioned or replied to a conversation in which you are currently involved in a conversation that you are currently involved in.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get alerts from Teams channel?
- Select More options by clicking on the name of the channel. You can select the Custom option under Channel notifications.
- You can select which notifications you would like to receive from this page, and where you’d like them to come from.
Where can you locate list of notifications in Microsoft teams?
How do I show team notifications?
- Choose Settings and more (…) > Settings from the menu on the left.
- Choose Notifications from the drop-down menu.
- Depending on what you want, you can change the settings accordingly.
- By going to Appearance and sound > Notification style: you will be able to change the way your notifications appear on the screen.
- Choose which desktop notifications you want to receive and which activity notifications you want to receive under Teams and channels:
Why am I not getting notifications on Microsoft Teams?
Go to the settings of your device and click on the device name. Tap the Teams button at the bottom of the screen. Make sure your notifications are enabled and you are able to access your apps. You can change how your device will display notifications, including banners, sounds, badges, and other notifications by going to the device settings and tapping Notifications.