Microsoft Teams allows you to create specific types of appointments.
- You can find the appointment types by going to More options (…) > Settings > Appointment types in Bookings.
- Select the Add appointment type option from the menu.
- Include a title and a message of confirmation with all the details in the message. The message can also be formatted and links can also be added to it.
- Allow attendees to join from a mobile browser if you want them to be able to join from a mobile browser while attending a meeting.
- To send attendees a text message to confirm an appointment or to remind them that it is coming up, select Send them a text message.
- It is also possible to send a reminder via email:
- Send an email reminder to the staff and attendees by selecting the Add an email reminder option.
- If you would like to remind a recipient of an appointment in advance, you can select how much time in advance you would like to do so.
- It is possible to type a custom email if necessary, and then select Done when you are finished.
- Appointment types can only be added by Bookings Admin. Schedulers will be able to include pre-set linked forms when creating a new booking.
- The X on the form card can be used to remove a pre-set linked form from an appointment.
- Select Add a form to fill out to link another form to the appointment. Select an appointment type from the list of available forms and click Add.
- You can add another form to your appointment type by reaching out to your Bookings Admin and requesting that the form be added to your appointment type if you want it to be added. Choose the … overflow menu, then Settings to find out the name of your Bookings Admin. By selecting Staff, you will see a list of all people who are able to access bookings and their roles as either Admin, Scheduler, Team member, or Viewer.
- As part of the booking confirmation email, the recipient will receive the form which will be set to Not started in the status field. They will be able to view the responses from within the appointment details once the form is completed. The form status will be updated to Completed in their booking details.
- Select Save when you’re finished. You will now see your new appointment type when you create a booking.
The healthcare provider should ensure that any information provided by them or by their patients that is necessary for continuity or retention of medical records should be downloaded, copied, and/or notated directly in the Teams virtual appointment services that the healthcare provider uses (including the Forms app, Bookings app, meeting recordings if enabled by the healthcare provider, or any other Teams virtual appointment services). Neither legal medical records nor a designated set of records is maintained by this service.
Note: Text messages can be opted out at any time by the customer. You can toggle off this feature if the message doesn’t suit your business.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Microsoft Teams have an appointment scheduler?
How do I add an appointment to my calendar in Teams?
To create a new event:
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Calendar tab. …
- Tap the plus. …
- Choose Add participants and give the event a title.
What is the difference between a meeting and an appointment?
What’s the difference between an appointment and a meeting in Outlook?