Using a template, the same concept can be applied to the creation of new teams, instead of having to create new teams from scratch each time, by editing existing groups or teams.
Using a growing collection of predefined channels, tabs, and apps, you can quickly and easily set up a team by choosing from a growing library of templates to help you get started as quickly as possible without wasting any time.
There are currently six different template types available. These include project management templates, event management templates, retail & food delivery templates, financial collaboration templates, government communications templates, healthcare templates, and more. More templates will be available on a regular basis. A custom template can be created for an organization by the admins as well.
How to create a new team from a template
- Select Teams from the menu on the left side. At the bottom of that list of teams, you will find two options: Join or create a team. You can either create a new team or join an existing team to create a new group.
- Then choose Create team under Join or create team in the menu.
- Click on the Select from a template link on the right side of the page. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and select a template you like for your new team. In our example, let’s take a look at the template that is available for managing events.
- After reviewing the list of channels and apps that your new team is going to use to begin with (these can be modified or changed at a later date), you will be able to select Start after you are finished reviewing them and then you will be able to launch them.
- There are two types of teams that can be created: Private or Public teams. Content and conversation can be shared within a private team only with members who are part of that team.
- Creating a new team is as simple as going to the end of the page and completing the form, giving it a name, adding a description, customizing the channels provided, clicking Create at the bottom of the form, and then you can begin working on it. The process of creating a team will begin as soon as you click this button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you Create a team from a template?
How do you make a team from scratch on Microsoft Teams?
- As you can see in the screenshot below, you can select Teams on the left side of the app, so click on it on the left side of the app. …
- Hovering your cursor over the card will allow you to choose the Create a team option. …
- From scratch is the option you should choose.
- In order to create a great team of people, you need to determine what type of person or team you will be and then decide how you will lead your team:
- Add a name and a description to your team, if you wish.
- When you have finished filling out the form, click on the Create button.
How do I Create a team channel template?
- Select the Add channel option under the Channels section of the screen.
- When you are adding a channel to the channel dialog box, you need to give it a name.
- It would be helpful if you could add a description.
- Make a decision as to whether the channel should be displayed as a default channel.
- In order to add an app to the channel, you will need to search for the name of the app.
- When you have finished the process, click the Apply button.
How do you share a team template?
- Choose the Template from the drop-down menu.
- On the bottom of the page, there is a button called “Share with Team”. Click on it.
- Choose the Team and folder to which the template should be saved by selecting the checkbox that appears in the box.
- You will also have to make a decision about whether you want the file to be shared or duplicated so that it can be shared with another person later on.