You will find out from me how to fine-tune or adjust the notifications you receive from a channel so that they are more tailored to your needs.
- To enable channel notifications, click the More options icon next to the channel name.
- As you can see, you have the option of choosing where and how you would like to receive notifications.
There are different types of channels notifications settings you will be able to choose from, as you can see in the image below, including:
- Whenever someone starts a new conversation in the channel, you will be notified as soon as they begin a new post
- It is possible to make sure that you are notified every time a reply is made in your conversation if you choose to include all replies in it.
- When a channel is mentioned, you will receive an email notification whenever that channel is @mentioned
Also, there is the option of choosing to receive notifications through the Banner, Feed, or Activity sections, which are located in the lower right hand corner of Teams, as well as the Banner and Feed sections that are located in the upper right hand corner of Teams. Those notifications will be skipped if the option is set to show only on your feed only, so they will appear in the activity feed only and not on your desktop.
In order to reduce the number of notifications I receive from a channel, how can I do so? In addition to being able to turn them off here, you will also find the option to do so. You can update your changes when you’re done with them by selecting Save once you’ve finished making your changes.
Here are the steps you can follow if you want to adjust or fine tune the notifications you’re getting from a channel:
- Select Channel notifications from the channel’s menu at the top of the page.
- There are two ways to receive notifications about new messages in the channel, depending on your preferences: either when new messages are posted in the channel, or if a reply to your message is received.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you turn off notifications for a specific channel in Teams?
In the upper right hand corner of the original message, you will find a button that enables you to turn off notifications within the original message. It can be found by selecting More options > Turn off notifications from the menu on the right. When you turn off notifications for a conversation in a channel, you will stop receiving updates for that conversation just as you do when you muffle a chat.
What is channel Notifications in Teams?
Our system will automatically display to you, when you have been added to a team, the three most active channels that belong to that team as soon as you have been added. Whenever someone mentions one of these channels, you will receive a notification. The More options menu item will also notify you whenever a new conversation is started, or a reply is made.
How do I change the channel thumbnail on my Teams?
- You can select More options by navigating to a team and clicking on it. Using the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen, choose Edit team.
- Avatars can be selected from a list or you are able to upload an image from your computer by clicking on the Upload Image button. It is possible to search for students of a certain grade level and a specific subject when you are a member of a class team using the dropdown menu.
- Once you have selected the new picture for your team, click on Update to save it.