The main feature of the Zoom platform is conferences in which a large number of people can participate at the same time. That is, the emphasis is on voice communication with video connection, for example, from the user’s webcam. But the standard chat function is also present in it. This means that there is always a chance to write something wrong to a friend, by mistake, without thinking, etc. Therefore, it is useful to know how to delete a message in Zoom .
Correspondence cleaning procedure
The videoconference has a “Chat” function, where participants can correspond with each other, discuss some issues, etc. Such a chat cannot be cleaned in any case . But it will cease to exist anyway when the meeting is over. Therefore, there is no special need for this procedure.
Another thing is personal correspondence with users from the contact list in Zoom. They don’t just go anywhere, and in some cases they need to be cleaned.
We will cover this procedure for two platforms: computers and mobile devices.
Option # 1: Dialogues in the computer version of Zoom
- Launch the program and go to the “Chat” tab .
- Open the correspondence you plan to clean up.
- Hover your mouse over the message you sent.
- Click on the icon with three dots.
- Select the appropriate option from the context menu.
You can also erase the entire dialogue:
- Find it in the left block on the same tab.
- Click on the corresponding column with the right mouse button.
- Select the option “Clear history …” .
- Confirm it in the new window.
Option # 2: Dialogues in the iOS and Android app
Instructions for the mobile app:
- Open a conversation with another user.
- Tap on the icon with three dots under the “extra” message.
- Click on the red button in the context menu.
Completely erase the conversation with the user will work like this:
- In the mobile application, go to the “Conference & Chat” tab .
- Long press on unwanted dialog.
- Click on the first item in the menu that appears.