As an older user of Microsoft Stream, there is a possibility that you may still be using this program to store recordings of your meetings:
There is another step that needs to be completed by the recording owner in order for the closed caption transcript to be edited. This action is called uploading the recording to Microsoft Stream as soon as possible after the recording has been started.
- From the More options menu in the chat history, you can choose to open the meeting recording in Microsoft Stream from the menu that appears when you click on the More options option.
- Through the Microsoft Stream portal, you can manage your account and make changes to your preferences.
- Click on Captions in the Options tab, and then click on Download file under Captions.
- The caption file of the VTT should be modified as necessary, and then saved to your computer after you have downloaded the caption file of the VTT.
- In your browser, close the box that states Auto-generate a caption file and you will be able to see your video without having to click anything.
- In order to upload a caption file, simply click the Upload a caption file button, select a caption file from your VTT caption library, and click OK to complete the process.
- You will be prompted to click “Apply”.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can recordings in Teams be edited?
How do you edit and transcribe a call in Microsoft Teams?
- If you are in Teams, go to the meeting chat, and click the tab …
- The first thing that you must do after opening the Microsoft Stream portal is to click the Edit button under the video as soon as you see it in the list of videos.
- In order to download the captions file, you first need to select Captions and then choose Download File.
Can you transcribe a Teams meeting after it’s over?
Microsoft Teams meetings can be transcribed easily with the help of Microsoft Teams
You will receive a link to the recording of your meeting once the meeting has ended. The recording can be downloaded by simply clicking on the link and clicking on the download button.