Initially, in a Zoom meeting, the participant who is currently speaking is highlighted. That is, other users will see the video from his camera, the contents of the screen during the demonstration, an avatar, or just a name. For the most part, this is a very convenient system, but sometimes it will only get in the way, especially when users are constantly changing. Therefore, the developers have provided for the ability to fix a video in Zoom from a specific participant.
Instructions for computers and laptops:
- Hover your mouse over the conference window to bring up the controls.
- All participants are displayed at the top of the screen. Move the mouse over the required person.
- Now click on the button that appears with three dots.
- This will open a context menu. It will contain the required option:
To unpin a user, click on the corresponding button:
Algorithm for smartphones and tablets:
- To get started, swipe left a few times to open the member gallery tab. It looks something like this:
- Now quickly double click on the participant whose camera you want to pin.
- Wait for the corresponding notification in the application window.
To return everything back, double-tap the screen again.
Each conference participant can have his own assigned user, regardless of each other. But the organizer can choose a specific person who will be seen by everyone as a result. The “Track video” option is intended for this. On a computer, it is called from the same menu.
But in the mobile application, a slightly different way:
- Directly in the conversation window, open the list of participants by tapping on the corresponding icon at the bottom of the application window.
- On the page that appears, click on the name of the desired user.
- In the menu that appears, select the “Track …” option.
It turns off in the same way.