The Teams meeting add-on for Google Workspace is highly recommended if you are a Microsoft employee or a student who has a Microsoft account at work or at school. As you schedule meetings directly from your Google calendars, you will be able to join them directly on Teams from your Google calendars as you schedule them, as well as schedule them directly from your Google calendars.
Note: In the current state of affairs, meetings that are organized using the Teams meeting add-on only appear on your Google calendar associated with your account at the time of scheduling. Unlike other Microsoft calendars, they do not synchronize with each other.
Install the Teams add-on
- On the left side of the screen, you will see a plus symbol next to the Google calendar icon on the right hand side. Select it so that it becomes active.
Click on the chevron at the bottom of the screen if the panel is hidden in the screen so that you can see it.
There is a wide variety of apps that you can find in the Google Workspace Marketplace.
- Click on Microsoft Teams meeting add-on which appears on the results page of the search after you have completed typing teams into the search field.
- When the permission screen appears, select the Install option, and then click Continue.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to choose a Google account.
On the sidebar, you will find an add-on for Teams meetings.
Log in to the Teams add-on
- The Teams add-on can be found in the Calendar add-on section of your Google calendar.
- Once you have logged in, click Authorize Access and then click Log out.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install Microsoft Teams on Google?
You can find the app you want to download in Google Play Store on your Android device by opening the app’s category.
How do I add a Google calendar to my Teams app?
- Select Meetings from the Teams menu.
- To add a Google calendar to your account, simply click on the Add Google Calendar button on the left side of your screen.
- Sign in with the Google account that you use to access your account. In order to ensure that your Google account is connected to Microsoft apps and services, you must make sure your Google account is linked.
Does Microsoft Teams have a Chrome extension?
Where can I download Add-in Teams?
What apps can I add to Microsoft Teams?
- Microsoft Teams.
- Microsoft Edge.