It is one of the responsibilities of an event organizer to invite attendees to attend a live event. Teams only sends calendar invites to the members of the event team when you schedule a live event in Teams.
For more information on how to determine whose event participants are considered attendees, it is recommended to refer to Roles in a Teams Meeting for more information.
- In the Teams app, you will find the Calendar option on the left hand side.
- Select the event you wish to attend live.
- The live event link can be copied in a Teams channel, via email, on a website such as SharePoint, or added to a collaboration group. If the event is being produced by Teams, then you will be able to get a copy of the link by clicking the Get link button. This link can be shared with attendees however you decide-whether it’s on a Teams channel, an email, or a collaboration group. Alternatively, you can even send it via e-mail from Outlook or in any other e-mail program like Gmail or Outlook Express.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I invite participants in Microsoft teams meeting?
- In the required attendees section, click on the Add required attendees button. If any attendee is optional, select Optional instead of Attendee if they are an optional attendee.
- If you are sending a message to someone, please enter their complete email address (example: Joe@example.com) in the email field.
- Then select the Invite option. A link to the meeting will be sent to them via email as soon as the meeting has been scheduled.
Can I add someone to a Teams meeting if I’m not the Organiser?
How do you invite people to Teams without showing the recipients?
- The Outlook application in Microsoft 365 can be accessed from your web browser. …
- The calendar can be accessed by clicking on the New Event button at the top.
- Then, click on the Response option and make sure that the box next to Hide attendee list is ticked in the list of response options that appear on the right hand side.
- In the text box where it says “Add a title for the meeting”, enter the subject of the meeting.