You can invite participants to a scheduled or instant zoom meeting in many ways. Whether inviting Zoom contacts to an ongoing session or wanting to invite others to an upcoming scheduled meeting
Note: –One can also invite through phone (audio conferencing plan required) or via a room system (requires Cloud Room Connector add-on).
Inviting others during a meeting
- Go to the Zoom Desktop Client option and login
- To initiate or join a meeting, click the “Start” or “Join” button
- You have to press the option participants under the meeting controls
- At the bottom of the participant’s screen, click Invite.
- Select one of the following invitation options:
- Press on the Email button.
- Choose an email service provider:
Default Email:- Invite others using your computer’s default email application.
Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Invite others through Gmail or Yahoo Mail. You will be asked to sign in using your username and password.
Send the email to the recipients you’ve specified.
- There will be a new email automatically composed which will show meeting information.
- Such emails are affected only by showing default email when you send an email to invitees on the setting page. If you enable this setting, it will remove the options of Gmail and Yahoo Mail.
- To access the Contacts tab, click the Contact button.
- You have to choose their names or contacts from the options of the window.
- You have to press on the name of an individual whom you would like to invite. You can invite several names. Whenever you choose the names, their names will appear in blue color on the top of the window.
- Press the Invite icon on the right corner of the lower part.
URL or Invitation text
You should press the Invite link or Copy Invitation for giving instant meeting information elsewhere.
Copy Invite Link : You have to copy the URL of the meeting join.
Copy Invitation You should copy the entire text of the Invitation.
You must paste the Invitation or URL through Cmd + V on a Mac or Ctrl+V on the desktop. You may also go to the right and press paste.
Inviting others to a scheduled meeting
You may also schedule the Zoom meeting and give the invitation to other participants before hosting a Zoom meeting.
- Open the Zoom Desktop Client and log in.
- You can schedule your meeting.
- Go to the meetings option and press it.
- You should choose the meeting to which you would like to invite others. You have to just press on Copy Invitation. The Zoom meeting Invitation would be copied and you may paste the information given into an email or somewhere else where you want to send it.
- Go to the Zoom Web portal and sign in to it.
- Press on the Meetings option under the navigation panel.
- Press on the topic of the Zoom meeting.
- There must be some other options for adding to your calendar next time.
- There will be a calendar event automatically in the specific email whenever you press on Yahoo Calendar or Google Calendar.
- Whenever you press on Outlook Calendar, It will create a .ics file which you import to your outlook calendar
- You may also copy the meeting information by pressing the Copy Invitation
(a) Another window will be opened with the meeting Invitation text with the selection of Copy Invitation.
(b) press on the Copy Meeting Invitation tab.
(c) You may send a copy of the invitation by email or elsewhere.
Read Also This
- Joining a Zoom video call
- Requiring authentication to join a meeting or webinar
- Archiving for meetings and webinars
- Enabling Only show default email when sending email invites
- Enabling Only authenticated users can join meetings
- How do I host an instant meeting?
- How do I start or join a scheduled meeting as the host?
- Inviting others to join a meeting
- Can I host concurrent meetings?
- Joining different meetings simultaneously on desktop
- Participating in breakout rooms
- Joining a test meeting
- Synced Calendars
- Show a “Join from your browser” Link
- Enabling breakout rooms
- Meeting Won’t Launch from Google Chrome
- Firefox opening multiple tabs when joining a meeting
- Cannot Continue. The Application is Improperly Formatted (Authenticode)
- Scheduling meetings
- Zoom how-to video tutorials
- Where can I find the meeting invitation text?
- How do I host an instant meeting?
- Changing your Virtual Background image
All Credits -Zoom.us