To start communication on the Zoom site , the user needs to create his own video conference, and then add other people there. But not everyone understands how to send out invitations, and the tips for this procedure in the program itself may not be noticed. If you have any difficulties with this procedure, then read our instructions. Let’s take a look at how to invite attendees to a Zoom meeting .
The program interface for a computer and a mobile application is slightly different. Therefore, we have prepared two separate instructions for each case. Open the required one immediately and follow the proposed algorithm.
Case # 1: PC Client
The main controls are located at the bottom of the Internet Conversation window. Immediately click on “Manage Members” .
Or press the key combinationAlt + Uon keyboard. In the new window, click the “Invite” button .
Now send an invitation to people from your contact list.
And if the person you need is not there, then you should send him the link. For this:
- In the same window, click “Copy invitation” .
- Open a chat with the person you want to add. This can be correspondence in a messenger, on a social network, etc.
- Paste the previously copied text into the message input field.
- Confirm sending.
Another option for joining the conference is through the meeting ID. The user must open Zoom, select the appropriate option himself, enter this identifier, enter his name and confirm the entry. As a rule, it will additionally ask for a password. You can find out the required data by clicking on the icon in the form of a square with beveled corners (upper left corner) in the conversation window.
- Optionally, you can disable the password for connecting to the video conference. Check out our guide to do this.
- Case # 2: Mobile Application
You can also add new users to video conferencing on smartphones and tablets:
- Open the main conversation window.
- Tap the screen to bring up the controls.
- Click on the item “Participants”located on the bottom panel.
- And then – on the “Invite”button in the lower left corner.
A context menu will appear with several ways to send an application. At the very top, there will be various messengers, social networks, email clients and regular SMS. If you select any of this item, you will need to specify the recipient and confirm the sending of the message. The person will receive a link to connect to the online conversation.
There is also an item “Invite contacts …” . If you use it, you can add a person from your friends list. He will immediately receive a notification from Zoom. It is enough to click the “Accept” button to join the conversation.
Well, the last item is “Copy URL” . As a result, you will receive a link to connect to the video conference. Send it to the person in a convenient way. He just needs to open the URL and agree to join the videoconference.
The final invitation option is via the meeting ID. It is displayed on the home screen, at the top of the page.
Give it along with the password to the correct user. He must independently enter the conference using this data.
You can remove the login password using our instructions .
By default, a user enters a video conference and enters the waiting room. He will be able to communicate with other participants only after permission from the organizer. Such a system is useful because it allows you to restrict access to strangers. But in some cases it will only get in the way. Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to turn it off.
- Open Zoom on your computer or laptop.
- Using the top menu, visit the section “Conferences”and in it – “Upcoming” .
- Click on the “Change”button .
- In the window that appears, click on the inscription “Advanced options”.
- Deactivate the On. waiting room “.
- Now click on the “Save”button .Instructions for smartphones and tablets.
- Launch the mobile app on your device.
- Use the bottom bar to get to the “Conferences”tab .
- Next, tap on the “Edit”item at the top of the page.
- By analogy with the previous case, deactivate the “On. waiting room “.
- Click the “Save”button in the upper right corner.