No matter if you have a Teams account or not, you will be able to join a meeting at any time, on any device. The following steps will guide you through the process of joining as a guest if you do not have an account.
- To join a Microsoft Teams meeting, go to the meeting invitation and select the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting option.
- As soon as you click the Registration button, the second window will open, at which point you will be given a choice. You can either download the Windows app from the Microsoft Store, or you can join the event online by clicking on the link for registration. You can either use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge if you want to join on the web. Depending on your browser, you might be asked if you want Teams to be able to use your microphone or camera. If you would like to be heard and seen in your meeting, please make sure you allow it.
- Choose the audio and video settings that are right for you by entering your name. Depending on your location (or any other device that may be connected to the meeting) it may be possible for you to turn off the audio if you are close to the meeting room. This should prevent you from disturbing the meeting. Using your mobile phone as a listening device will allow you to take part in thClick on the Join now button once you are ready to begin. ready, hit Join now.
- In this case, you will be brought into the lobby of the meeting room. You will be notified that you are attending the meeting, and someone in the meeting will admit you based on the information that we provide.
We will send you an alert in case anyone is waiting in the lobby of the hotel if you are the meeting organizer.
By clicking on Admit, View Lobby, or Admit or Deny lobby, you will be able to see a list of everyone who is waiting to be admitted to the meeting, and it will be possible to admit them directly to the meeting. You can also let them know that you will admit them right away.
It is still possible to join a Teams meeting from the mobile app even if you do not have a Teams account. You can do this by following these steps:
- The meeting invitation will have a drop-down menu that asks you to join a Microsoft Team meeting.
- We would like to remind you that if you do not already have the Teams mobile application, you can download it from your app store if you do not have it.
- The app can be downloaded and opened by clicking on the link below.
The app can be opened directly from the app store page on your Android device if you have it installed.
Tap the meeting link again on your iOS device if you wish to open the meeting app if you have an iOS device.
- You will be asked by the teams if it is okay for you to use your microphone. Please remember to allow other participants in the meeting to hear you so they can take part in the meeting as well.
- Afterwards, you will be required to choose whether you are a guest or already a member of the meeting in order to join the meeting. If you would like to join as a guest, choose the option Join as a guest.
- Tap the Join meeting button and type in your name.
It is possible that the meeting organizer or their administrator will require you to sign in with an authorized account in order for you to participate in the meeting as the next step as part of the registration process.
If you are going to be attending a school meeting or any other class meeting, for example, you may have to come in with your school account in order to participate. It may be necessary to use an account that has been authorized for the conference if the meeting is a part of that conference.
- If the format of the meeting has been set up in a way that allows you to enter the meeting right now, you may be able to enter the meeting right now.
Sign in with the account you mentioned if you are shown a screen like this.
As a result of seeing this screen, you will need to sign in with the proper account that has been authorized for use during the meeting
Once you have joined the meeting and tapped the middle of the screen, you’ll see the meeting controls showing up on your screen. You can use this control to turn on or off your microphone or video. You can hide them again by tapping on them again.