If you are already an active Microsoft Teams user, you can join a meeting directly from your calendar or join as a guest from the web.
From the Teams app, you can join a meeting that is taking place
- Using your Calendar, choose a meeting that you want to join before it starts, or one that is already in progress.
- If you choose to use a background filter, you’ll be able to select how you would like to appear on your camera:
- The background of your choice can be customized.
- Make sure that Blur is selected.
- Select the audio settings you wish to use.
- Click on the Join Now button.
Join a Teams meeting on the web
Need the Teams app but don’t have it? Teams meetings are still open to you.
- You can join the meeting by clicking the link in your email invite.Also, you have the option to dial in using a conference ID and dial-in number from the email.
- You have three choices:
- Download the Windows app: Team’s desktop application can be downloaded here.
- Continue on this browser: Web-based Teams meetings are available.
- Open your Teams app: The Teams app is already installed, so you can go straight to the meeting.
- Please type in your name.
- Choose the video and audio settings that you want to use.
- You will be able to select the Join now option.
- If you have been given access to the meeting, you may be able to enter right away, or you may have to wait in the lobby until a meeting participant lets you in.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I join a meeting on Teams?
How do I join a Microsoft team with a meeting ID?
Why can’t I join my Microsoft teams meeting?
How do I join Microsoft teams meeting without link?
Do you need a Microsoft account to use Teams?
Can you use Microsoft Teams on your phone without the app?
How do I join Microsoft Teams meeting with link on my phone?
Where is the meeting link in Microsoft Teams?
- From the meeting controls, click or tap the Participants icon.
- The Participants panel opens.
- Click or tap the Copy Join Info link icon.
- Meeting details, including the join link, are copied to your device’s clipboard. Paste the meeting details into a message to the recipient.
How do I find my Teams meeting password?
Can anyone join a Teams meeting?
It is possible for all users, regardless of whether they have a Teams account or not, to join any meeting at any time, from any device. If you do not have an account, you can join as a guest if you do not have an account. In some meetings, guests are not allowed to join as guests, so it is important to keep this in mind. Click on the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting button at the bottom of the meeting invitation to join the meeting.