No matter where you are in Microsoft Teams, you can start a 1:1 or group call with anyone in your organization.
The following are the different ways in which you can make a call in Teams:
- Using the Audio call or Video call buttons in a 1:1 or group chat, you can start a call as soon as you click them.
- You can call another number if it is possible to do so, by selecting More options (the dropdown arrow) next to Audio call in a 1:1 chat.
- Type “/call” in the search box and then type the name of the person you would like to call. You can start the call by pressing the Enter key.
- You can access Audio calls from the contact cards of people in Teams by hovering over their profile picture anywhere in the app.
Dial an outside number
- Then select Calls.
- To call someone, type their name or their external number.
Note: Even if they are not using Teams, you can make calls if your organization has a Business Voice or Enterprise Voice license.
- Select Call when you’re ready.
Accept incoming calls
- Depending on your preference, you can either make a video-enabled incoming call or just an audio call. If you do not wish to accept the call, you can decline it.
View calls history
- You can view the history of missed calls or voicemails in the call history section of your phone.
- In order to return a call to someone from your history, please select the name of the person you want to call, then select More actions (…) > Call back.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use Microsoft teams to call a phone number?
How do I enable call in Microsoft teams?
How do you call in a team meeting?
- From the left side menu, select the Calendar tab.
- To view the details of a meeting, locate and click on it.
- There will be a conference ID and dial-in number at the bottom of the meeting details.
- Call the dial-in number using a phone.
Can Microsoft Teams make external Calls?
Can someone call me on Teams?
How do I receive a Teams call?
- Accept with audio by selecting it. Using only audio to answer.
- If you want to accept video, select it. It is also possible to enable video while accepting the call.
- Decline the call by selecting Decline. Declining the call will allow you to continue your day as usual.