Microsoft Teams helps you keep track of your team’s meetings, appointments, and schedules by allowing you to view, schedule, and manage appointments.
- Using the Calendar icon, you can view a list of your upcoming meetings and appointments for the day or week.Your Outlook calendar will be able to keep track of these appointments.
- To see what a meeting is about, who is attending the meeting, and how you can respond to the meeting, select a meeting invite.
Schedule a meeting
- Choose the option to create a new meeting.
- Enter the title of the meeting and the location of the meeting.There is a default setting that creates an online meeting for you.
- It is important to choose a start time and an end time, and to add details if needed.
- It is possible to invite people to the meeting by entering their names in the Invite people box.
Note: Even if they don’t have Microsoft Teams, you can invite them as a guest by typing their email address.
- There is a list of all attendees that can be viewed in the Attendees section, and if more time is needed, select the Scheduling Assistant to see more availability times in a calendar view, or choose a suggested time from the Attendees section.
- Select the drop-down arrow under Select a channel to meet in to manage the privacy settings for your meeting.
- If you would like your meeting to remain private, please select None.
- If you wish to invite team members to the meeting, you must select a channel.The Posts tab will appear under your Meetings tab if your meeting has been posted in a channel. There is an option for team members to upload files, set agendas, and make comments on documents.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I manage meetings?
- Clearly define your objectives. What is the purpose of the meeting? Is it to gather information, generate new ideas, or take decisions? …
- Meet Outside the Office. …
- Be Prepared. …
- Invite Less People. …
- Don’t Be Late. …
- Stand up. …
- Leave Room for Creativity. …
- Don’t Lose Focus.
How do I access Microsoft teams meeting settings?
How do I manage a team meeting in Outlook?
- The calendar icon is located in the bottom right corner of Outlook, and from there you need to tap the .
- Turn the toggle switch on under Teams Meeting and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- In the Required or Optional field(s), you can add your invitees. You can even invite entire distribution lists if you wish.
Why can’t I see meeting options in Teams?
Editing before a Teams Meeting
It is possible that your meeting was created outside of Teams if neither of these links appear. You can make any edits and save your meeting to make these appear. The “Meeting Options” links will appear once you reopen the meeting.
How do you control who joins Teams meeting?
- In the Teams Calendar click on the scheduled meeting.
- Click Edit.
- Click Meeting options.
- The Meeting options page will open in your internet browser.
- Set “Who can bypass the lobby?” to People in my organization.
- Set “Who can present?” to Only me.
- Click Save.
How many users can join Teams meeting?
How do I change team meeting settings?
How do I manage Microsoft calendar?
- Click on New Appointment in Calendar.
- The start and end times should be added along with the subject and location.
- A meeting can be turned into an appointment by selecting Invite Attendees.
- If it’s a meeting, select Send instead of Save & Close.
How do I start Microsoft teams meeting as organizer?
- Select Schedule a meeting. In a chat (below the box where you type a new message) to book a meeting with the people in the chat.
- Go to Calendar. On the left side of the app and select New meeting in the top right corner.
- Select a range of time in the calendar. A scheduling form will pop open.