In the Microsoft Teams mobile app, you can manage and control which notifications you wish to receive, their frequency, and the number of notifications you want to receive.
Turn on mobile notifications
- Turn on Teams mobile notifications in your phone’s settings.
Manage Teams notifications
- Select Notifications from the Menu.
- Here are the notifications you can manage, set, or modify:
- Mentions, Meetings, Calls, and more notifications can be toggled on or off via General Activity.
- Manage your subscriptions by tapping Channels.
- Select during quiet times and days to mute notifications.
- When you’re on the Teams desktop app or in a meeting, tap When active on desktop or When in meetings to mute notifications.
- More troubleshooting solutions are available under Troubleshoot notifications.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I manage Microsoft Team notifications?
- In the Settings and more menu, select Settings.
- Choose Notifications from the drop-down menu.
- Depending on what you want, you can change the settings as you wish.
- Select Appearance and sound > Notification style from the menu in order to change the notification style.
- Select the desktop and activity notifications you would like to receive under Teams and channels:
How do I customize Microsoft Team notifications?
- Select More options from the channel name. You can customize channel notifications under Channel notifications.
- You can customize your notifications by choosing where and what you want to receive.
Can I change where my Teams notification pops up?
The notification location cannot be changed at the moment. If this is the case, you may try sharing your ideas and expectations with our product team through the Teams UserVoice website. Help us improve Teams by sharing your ideas.
How do I stop Team notifications on mobile when active on desktop?
How do I turn off Microsoft team pop up notifications?
- Microsoft Teams should be launched on your PC.
- Select the channel with a right-click.
- Select Off from the options given for Channel notifications, as shown highlighted.
How do I stop getting notifications from a team in a meeting?
- To access the Settings and more section of Teams, select the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen. You can view your notifications by going to Settings > Notifications.
- Select the Edit option from the Meetings and Calls section at the bottom of the page.
- When you are conducting a meeting or a phone call, the Mute notification toggle should be turned on.
What is the difference between Banner and feed notifications in Teams?
How do you get pop up notifications on Teams?
- Go to the Menu in Teams. Go to Notifications.
- Open the settings by tapping it.
- Go to Notifications > Teams.
- Turn on Allow Notifications.