Having the role of an owner gives you access to managing the team settings, adding and removing team members and guests, and archiving teams that are no longer active.
Add or remove team members
Choose More options > Manage team from the teams list.
The following member settings can be managed by you:
- Click on the X button if you want to remove someone from the list.
- It is easy to change someone’s role by clicking on the drop-down arrow in the top right corner and choosing the appropriate role.
- Select the Add member option to add someone to your group. In order to add a member within your organization or from outside, follow these steps:
- Enter the name of the person you want to add to your organization and you will be able to add them. You will then be able to select the Add button.
- You will need to type in the email address of the guest you wish to add. Adding a display name for them is as simple as clicking the pencil icon. Next, click the Add button
Select More options > Manage team from the menu that appears when you click on the team name.
There are a number of options available in the Channels tab, including:
- You can add new channels by selecting the Add channel option.
- Ensure that team members are able to see the channels.
Change team settings
Click More options > Manage team next to the team name.
You can access the team Settings tab from there, which allows you to:
- The team picture can be added or changed at any time.
- You can set member permissions (such as allowing members to create channels, edit channels, or delete tabs) in the settings section.
- Enable the mentions of @team or @[team name] in your team.
- It is possible to enable mentions of @channel or @[channel name].
- Make sure that guests have the right permissions.
- Send GIFs, emojis, and stickers to team members so they can share them.
Manage and add Apps
Select Manage team from the More options menu under the team name:
- Your team’s apps can be installed and managed in the Apps tab.
Archive a team
- At the bottom of the teams list, you will find an icon that will allow you to manage your teams.
- The team name can be found on the far right of the screen, just click More options.The following options are available to you:
- To permanently delete a team from your teams list, simply click on the delete icon on the left edge of your teams list and you will also delete all hosted channels, conversations, files, and the Microsoft 365 group for the team.
- In order to maintain the team’s mailbox, site, and files while marking it as inactive, archive it as a team to mark it as inactive.
- A team that has been archived can be restored by clicking on Restore team.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to Microsoft team settings?
In the Microsoft Teams application, click the profile icon on the left side of the screen. Step 2: Go to the drop-down menu and select “Settings” from the list. Step 3: Under the General settings section, make sure to change the theme and the layout of the site. In step 4 of this process, you will have to change the application settings so that it opens and closes the way you want.
How can I organize my Teams in Teams?
How do I manage team settings in notifications?
- Select Settings and more (…) > Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Depending on what you want, you can change the settings as you wish.
- Select Appearance and sound > Notification style: … from the menu on the left side of the screen to edit your notification style.
- It is possible to select which desktop notifications and activity notifications you want to receive under Teams and channels:
Can you manage channel settings in Teams?
What is a team setting?
How do I manage my Teams folders?
Access to a team folder can be managed by modifying the team permissions
If you want to adjust the settings for a specific team folder, click on the Manage button for that folder. Click on [x] people have access in the popup window that appears after clicking [x]. In order to edit a group or individual, you need to find it on the list. Choose Can edit or Can view from the drop-down menu that appears.
How do I turn on team notifications for Teams in Microsoft?
- In Teams, go to Menu. > Notifications.
- Tap Open settings.
- Tap Notifications > Teams.
- Toggle Allow Notifications on.
How do I turn off team activity?
How do I change the privacy settings on my Teams Channel?
How do you manage small teams?
- Leadership can be achieved through the use of coaching. …
- It is important to set clear and realistic goals for yourself. …
- Meetings should be held regularly by the team. …
- Communication should be maintained at all times. …
- Reward and show appreciation to your employees. …
- Ensure that the workload is distributed fairly among the employees. …
- It is important to maintain a balance between work and personal life. …
- It is important to manage conflict in a constructive way.