In the Teams mobile app, you can change a setting to limit how much data is used on your mobile devices during video calls or meetings, which will reduce the amount of data that is used on your mobile device.
Although the number of participants, bandwidth conditions, and other factors will have a significant impact on the quality of the viewing experience, teams will still ensure a quality viewing experience.
This setting can be changed by following the steps below:
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu next to your profile picture.
- Then select Storage and Data, and then choose Reduce data usage from the drop-down menu.
- The options that you can choose from are: Never, Always, On cellular networks, or On cellular networks at all times.
The On cellular networks option allows you to select areas where you will be using cellular data (for situations when you will only be using cellular data) or Always (when you will be using both cellular and Wi-Fi data simultaneously). You can use whatever option you would like to reduce your data usage for video calls and meetings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Microsoft teams use a lot of mobile data?
How do I reduce Microsoft team usage?
- Hardware acceleration of GPUs should be disabled.
- The read receipts should be disabled.
- The add-ins for the teams in Outlook need to be disabled.
- It is a good idea to clear the Teams cache.
- The following steps need to be taken in order to update Microsoft Teams (Optional)
Is 4G enough for Microsoft teams?
How much 4G data does Teams use?
How do I reduce data usage in Microsoft Teams PC?
- By tapping your profile picture, you will be able to choose Settings from the list of options.
- By selecting Data and storage, you will be able to reduce your data usage.
- Depending on your preference, you have the option of selecting either Never, On cellular networks, or Always.