Voice communication during a video conference Zoom is much more convenient than correspondence in a general chat, to which some of the participants may simply not pay attention. But it has one drawback: other people may hear something unnecessary if you do not cover or turn off the microphone in time. The result is an incidental situation and an ambiguous reaction. To avoid something like this, you should figure out how to put the microphone on the button in Zoom. This is what this article is about.
Since this function is really important, getting to it is quite simple:
- Run the program on a computer or laptop.
- Click on the profile thumbnail, which is located near the “Search” area.
- The main menu appears. In it, open the “Settings” item.
- Go to the Sound tab.
- Activate the “Press and hold …” option located below if it is disabled.
- Close the options window.
This option is only suitable for users who are logged into a Zoom account. But you can go to the settings in another way, without the need for authorization:
- In Windows, open the system tray, right-click on the blue program icon and select the appropriate item:
- On Linux and Mac OS, join any conference and then click on the marked buttons:
This function works as follows:
- The microphone must be muted when connecting to a conference. This will be done in the lower-left corner if you click on the corresponding option. As a result, the icon will become crossed out:
- When you want to say something, hold down on the keyboard Space, say the phrase, and release the key.
- Repeat the second step as you communicate.
Each time, the “Sound temporary on” alert will appear at the bottom of the screen. At this time, the interlocutors will hear you.
Unfortunately, it will not work to change the microphone activation button from the space bar to something else. This feature is not provided in the Zoom settings. But it has something different, or rather, a special key combination ALT + A (for Mac OS – Command (⌘) + Shift + A). It completely turns off your sound, and when it is off it turns it back on.
This combination always works, but only when the program window is open. You can make it work on top of any windows. For this:
- Follow the instructions above to visit the Settings page.
- Go to the Keyboard Shortcuts section.
- Find the item “Turn off / on my sound”.
- Check the box on the right.
- Close Zoom options.
And to return everything back, on the same settings page, click on the “Restore default parameters” button.
People also ask
How do I turn my microphone on Zoom?
How do you talk in zoom?
How do you unmute the microphone on the Zoom app?
How do you put audio on Zoom?
How do you zoom in on a video with audio?
How do you zoom in on a video with sound?
How do you unmute in zoom?
How do you unmute on Zoom phone call?
How do you unmute someone on Zoom?
How long can you talk on Zoom?
How do I participate in Zoom meeting?
Can you practice zoom by yourself?
How do I turn my microphone on?
How do I turn on microphone on Google meet?
Why is my audio not working on Zoom?
Do I need a microphone for a zoom meeting?
How do you turn on Raise hand in zoom?
Can everyone talk at once on Zoom?
How do you unmute?
How do I unmute my microphone?
How do I unmute my microphone on my keyboard?
Why my mic is not working?
How do I share a video with sound on zoom in Mobile?
Can I show a YouTube video on Zoom?
How do you share audio?
Why do I have to ask to unmute on Zoom?
How do you unmute zoom on keyboard?
How do I activate the microphone on my laptop?
How do I enable microphone on my computer?
Where is the microphone on my computer?
Why can’t I raise my hand in zoom?
How do I get rid of Raise hand in zoom?
Where is my zoom icon?
Why is my headset mic not working?
How do I fix my headset mic not working?
How do I test if my mic is working?
Can participants unmute themselves in zoom?
Do I have a microphone on my computer?
How do I use a microphone on my desktop?
How do I fix my microphone on my laptop not working?
How can I fix my microphone?
How do I enable my microphone on my headset Windows 10?
Why is my PC not detecting my mic?