The Zoom platform is handy in that it allows you to create online conversations for free with many advanced features (video output, whiteboard, screen sharing, etc.). But for a number of different reasons, users decide to abandon it. They may have a question: ” How to remove Zoom completely?” It is this procedure that we will analyze in this article.
The program is currently available for PC (Windows, Mac OS and Linux) and popular mobile devices. All Zoom versions differ only in appearance, their capabilities are essentially the same, however, with some reservations. But the uninstallation procedure will be different in each case. So we’ll look at them all in turn.
Computers and Laptops
There will be three separate instructions in this section: for Windows, for Mac OS, and for Linux. You can proceed immediately to uninstall the program , because there is no need to back up user data. They are all stored on the developer’s servers. But it is advisable to make sure that you remember your login information so that you do not have to restore it later.
Instruction # 1: Windows
Remove Zoom from a Windows computer will come out in a few easy steps:
- Close the program if it is running.
- Launch the Run tool by simultaneously pressing the keys on your keyboard Win and R…
- In the “Open” column , enter the appwiz command . cpl .
- Now click on the “OK” button .
- In the window that appears, all the programs that are installed in the system are indicated.
- Towards the end of the list, you can find an item labeled Zoom .
- Right-click on it.
- Select the uninstall option from the context menu.
- Wait a few seconds for the procedure to complete.
- Restart your computer just in case.
Instruction # 2: Mac OS
In this case, the procedure for uninstalling the program is somewhat different. Stick to the following algorithm:
- Open your Finder browser .
- From the Favorites section, navigate to the Programs directory .
- Scroll down the right list until you find the zoom column . us .
- Click on it with the right mouse button.
- As a result, a context menu will appear. In it, select “Move to Trash” .
- Now open the basket itself. The easiest way to do this is by clicking on the corresponding icon in the Dock (at the bottom of the screen).
- Activate the “Clear” option .
- Confirm this procedure.
Instruction # 3: Linux
The easiest way to remove Zoom is using the command line (Terminal). You only need to run one command, but it all depends on your Linux distribution. Let’s analyze the most popular options:
Ubuntu, Debian, Mint and similar distributions:
sudo apt remove zoom
sudo zypper remove zoom
Oracle, CentOS, RedHat, Fedora and similar distributions:
sudo yum remove zoom
ArchLinux and Manjaro:
sudo pacman -Rs zoom
Enter it in the Terminal window and press the key Enter on keyboard.Most likely, you will be asked for an administrator password. Type it in too and pressEnter… Now wait until the end of the procedure. You may be asked to confirm it. As a rule, it is enough to enter the letter Y into the console . and press againEnter…
As a result, Zoom should disappear from the list of all programs.
Smartphones and tablets
The developers have released a mobile application for two platforms: Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad). For each of them, there are several ways to delete. We will analyze the most convenient one.
Guide # 1: Android
On Android phones, removing Zoom will be released according to the following algorithm:
- Open the app store preinstalled « the Play Market” .
- Use the search form at the top of the page.
- Enter Zoom in it .
- Navigate from the list of tips to the page for the application you want.
- Tap on the “Delete” button .
- Click “OK” in the confirmation window.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
Guide # 2: iOS
On iPhones and iPads, the procedure is much easier:
- On the desktop of the device, find the icon to launch Zoom .
- Make a long press on it so that all the icons begin to “shake”.
- Now tap on the red cross in the corner of the Zoom icon .
- Confirm erasing the application.