Zoom has the exclusive feature of easily resetting the password when you forget the password. Apart from that, even if you know the password, you can also change the password then. This article will provide you procedures on how to change or reset your password for the non-SSO accounts. And for the third-party zoom sign-in like Google or Facebook, you can reset the password from those platforms.
Read more about Password Requirements.
How to reset the Zoom password?
Step 1. Visit zoom.us/forgot_password from your google chrome or another web browser.
Step 2. On the displayed screen type in your email id and verify the displayed captcha code. You can also change the captcha code if you can’t read it properly. Or else you can also choose an audio captcha for the verification process.
Step 3. Once done then tap send.
Step 4. Check your mailbox. You will receive a zoom confirmation mail along with a link to reset your password. Tap on the link in the mail.
Step 5. A new page will open. There, enter your password.
Step 6. On the necessary field, for a second time confirm your password.
Step 7. Select the save option. Since your password is reset, then you should log in to the Zoom web portal.
Step 8. Then to get to the web portal tap on Go To My Meetings.
Please remember that you will get a zoom confirmation mail that your password is reset.
Basic issues while resetting the password.
The problem of – Account does not exist.
Sometimes you can receive a no account is found message at the time you are trying to reset the password. That message comes because Zoom systems fail to find a zoom account that matches the credentials like password and email ID while logging in. At that time you can do the following-
- You can recheck whether the email ID is correct or not.
- You can attempt to log in with third-party platforms like Facebook and Google. And in case, you forgot the password of your Facebook or Google account then you have to reset your password on that platform. (You can visit zoom official website to know more about resetting passwords on Facebook and Google.)
- If the zoom account is an education or business account then you can make an attempt to login with the SSO at your vanity. (SSO stands for Single Sign-on) For instance, myorganization.zoom.us.
You may not receive the confirmation mail.
- Offer users don’t receive the confirmation mail for resetting the password. In that case, you should check your spam folders of the mail. Then allow inbox mailing from email@example.com.
- Though most of the mail servers receive password reset mail from zoom within the next few minutes. But some mail servers also receive mail within thirty minutes. Therefore, it’s best to wait for some time to see if the mail comes.
- In case you didn’t receive the password reset mail even after some time, then contact the zoom technical support team for help.
Expiry of the link.
Do your information, zoom reset mail is valid for the next one day or twenty-four hours. But it can get invalid if you ask for another reset password email.
- In case twenty-four hours have passed and still, you don’t receive any mail then you can again ask for another reset mail. Go to zoom.us/forgot_password and request a reset mail.
- If you have already requested multiple reset confirmation mail then choose the recent one. Because the latest one is valid. Don’t request any more password emails. Wait for some time so, that you receive all the emails, and then click the recent one for confirmation
So, you can reset your password with the above-mentioned method. And in case, you face any issues contact the zoom technical support team for further guidance and help.
All credit: Zoom.us