It is advisable to organize a video conference in Zoom in advance, so that by the time of the beginning everything is set up, and the participants know what time to connect. Moreover, this service provides this function. And in the course of the article, we will deal with its use. Now you will learn how to schedule a Zoom meeting to get it up and running smoothly.
We will analyze this procedure in as much detail as possible for the Zoom program on a computer. In the mobile application and on the official website of the service, it is configured in much the same way, so only brief instructions will be mentioned.
In the section of the article “Getting started” we will explain the launch of a previously prepared video conference, and in “Recurrence” – setting up a meeting that will repeat at a certain frequency.
Let’s move on to the procedure itself:
- Open the program on your computer or laptop.
- Go to the Home tab if it isn’t initially displayed.
- Click on the button with the calendar depicted on it.
- In the “Subject” column , enter a concise title.
- In “Start” set the date and time of the meeting.
- In the “Duration” indicate the time that the communication will take.
The conference ID can be used permanent (you can create it yourself on a paid account) or temporary (a new number is created each time).
The password, if desired, can be changed or disabled altogether.
The next item is “Video” . Here you can turn the camera on or off for yourself and for other participants. The same applies to “Sound” .
In “Calendar” you can link Outlook , Google Calendar or any other service for scheduling. As an example, we’ll take a look at the Google option .
Now click on the inscription “Advanced options” .
Here are some interesting options:
- “On. waiting room “ – the user will not be able to communicate until the organizer allows him to enter the general dialogue.
- “Enable login earlier …” – the video conference starts according to the schedule, before the organizer logs in, and you can immediately join it.
- “Mute the sound …” – initially, users’ microphone will be muted until they activate it themselves.
- “Automatically record …” – the video conference will be immediately saved to a separate file on your computer so that you can view it later, even without an Internet connection.
And now click on the blue button.
This will open a browser page where you need to sign in to your Google account, allow access to your calendar, and add a new event. But this step is optional .
In a mobile application, the same function is called in the same way:
The settings here are similar, but with one caveat: instead of the time of the meeting, you must specify the start time (column “From” ) and the end of the meeting (column “To” ).
And here is the instruction for the website:
- Go to the login page .
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
- Click on the marked button at the top of the screen:
- Configure the available options.
- Click on “Save”
To start a scheduled meeting in Zoom will appear like this:
- In the mobile application or in the program on your computer, go to the corresponding tab.
- Click on the “Copy invitation” button .
- Send the received text to other participants so that they can join in time, for example, via messenger, email or social network.
- And to start the video conference on the same tab, click the “Start” button .
- Wait for the connection to the server and the connection of other participants to whom the invitation was sent.
At any time, you can edit any options for the planned online meeting on the launch page.
Optionally, you can schedule a recurring meeting in Zoom:
- In the meeting settings window, enable the corresponding option.
- If possible, indicate the frequency.
- Save your changes.
The most convenient way to do this is through a website or mobile app.
Sometimes the question is, “How many meetings can I schedule with Zoom?” There is no official information on this limitation. But it’s still more convenient to use the repeat function. In this way, it will turn out to draw up a voluminous schedule of meetings with a given frequency, for example, once a week.
People also ask :
Can you schedule a zoom meeting in advance?
How do I send a zoom meeting invite?
How do you schedule a meeting?
How do I schedule a Google meet?
How long does a Google meet link last?
How can you not schedule a meeting in Google meet?
How do you ask someone to schedule a meeting?
Can we schedule a meeting for next week?
How do you send a meeting request?
How do I invite someone to a zoom meeting via email?
How do I invite someone to a zoom meeting in Outlook?
Where is the clipboard in zoom?
How do I schedule a weekly Zoom meeting?
Can I schedule a zoom meeting for someone else to host?
How do I schedule a zoom meeting in Outlook?
How do you prepare a meeting schedule?
How do you confirm a meeting via email?
How do you email a meeting invite?
How do I schedule a Google meet on my phone?
How do I get a Google meet code?
How do I setup a Google meet in Google Classroom?
Can I schedule a Google meet for a later time?
Can I use the same Google meet link every day?
How do I setup a recurring meeting on Google meet?
Can you schedule a meeting in Google meet through Google classroom?
How do I schedule a Google meet for a future date?
How do you use schedule in a sentence?
Can be scheduled or schedule?
Is it scheduled for or scheduled on?
What is a meeting request?
How do I send a meeting invite on Microsoft teams?
How do you send a meeting invite in Outlook?
Can I host a zoom meeting for free?
How do I create a zoom Meeting ID?
How do I host a zoom meeting for the first time?
What is the personal meeting ID in zoom?
How do you host two meetings on Zoom?
Does zoom cut you off after 40 minutes?
What is the difference between one time meeting and recurring meeting?
How do I check the availability of a meeting?
How do you respond to meeting availability?
How do you confirm your presence?
How do I use Google meet without permission?
How do I install Google meet on my laptop?
How do I join a Google meet without asking?
What is the difference between Google Classroom and Google meet?
How do I link to a Google meet?
How do I send a link to a Google meet?
Can you Google Meet on phone?
What is the difference between an appointment and a meeting?
What is the key difference between an appointment and a meeting?
What do you write in a meeting invitation?
How do I see all participants in zoom?
Is Zoom still free for teachers?
How do I schedule a zoom meeting for free?
How do I join a zoom meeting for the first time PDF?
What does Outlook automatically point out when you are invited to a meeting?
What is the difference between generate automatically and personal meeting ID in zoom?
Can anyone with the link join a Google meet?
Why is Google meet not working?
What is present Google meet?
How can I download Google meet on my laptop for free?
How do I put zoom on my laptop?
How do I download Google meet on Windows 10?
How do I make my Google meet link active?
How do I see all participants in Zoom on IPAD?
How do I see all participants in zoom on my laptop?
How do I show my screen on Zoom?
how to schedule a zoom meeting and invite others
how to schedule a zoom meeting in outlook
how to start a zoom meeting as host
how to schedule a zoom meeting on iphone
how to set up a zoom meeting with friends
how to share zoom meeting link on whatsapp
how to set up a zoom meeting for someone else
zoom meeting login