TeamsUpgrade modes determine how Teams and Skype for Business coexist and interact. TeamsUpgrade modes are assigned by default or by admins to everyone using Skype for Business.
Teams coexistence mode allows you to send messages from within Teams to people who have been assigned it. Send a message to them by searching for them in Teams. Skype for Business icons appear next to chats in your chat list.
See Coexistence with Skype for Business for more information about TeamsUpgrade modes.
Group chat with Skype for Business users
There is no way to send group messages to people who use Skype for Business. However, you’ll receive a notification in Teams whenever you’re invited to a group conversation. Once you return to Skype for Business, you can join the conversation.
Skype for Business vs. Teams
Skype for Business chat is great, but you’ll lose out on important features like emoji, file attachments, and tabs if you use Teams.
Turn off Skype for Business
Skype for Business integration cannot be completely disabled. If you wish to disable chat, contact your IT administrator.
Using the Skype for Business mobile app, you can chat one-on-one with someone using Skype for Business. It will be great to be able to use emojis, attachments, and tabs, but keep in mind that you will lose out on other great features.
In Skype for Business, group chats cannot be created yet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact Skype users from Microsoft Teams?
- Launch the Skype app.
- Select. To find someone, search for them by their business email, people, groups, and messages.
- Send a message to your contact result from People. …
- Your contact list will appear after they accept your request.
Can Teams and Skype for Business work together?
Can you send a Microsoft Teams message to external users?
Can Microsoft Teams be used to send text messages?
How do you add external contacts to Skype Teams?
How do I add an external contact to Skype for Business?
- As shown below, choose the contacts icon in Skype for Business. …
- Enter the email address of the person. …
- Select See Contact Card from the right-click menu of the contact you just added.
- Click on Add.
- The next step is to enter the person’s additional information.