After registering on the Zoom platform, the user has access to many possibilities. The most popular is creating your own video conferencing. But there are many others, including changing the profile, along with choosing an avatar. This is also a very useful feature because if you have a thumbnail, it will be easier for other participants in the conversation to understand who they are talking to. In this article, we will figure out how to set an avatar in Zoom.
This feature is present both in the application for mobile devices and on a PC. The only condition is that you have an account, which you can create according to our instructions.
Let’s analyze each of the two methods separately.
You can also put a gif on an avatar in Zoom (gif-file), but it will be static, not animated. That is, the picture will not change in any case.
Method number 1: Mobile application
On Android and iOS, the user’s thumbnail is configured as follows:
- Open the mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Sign in with your account, if you haven’t already.
- Now, using the bottom panel, go to the “Settings” tab.
- Tap on the top column for your name and email.
- Next, click on the item “Profile picture”.
- Select the “Select Photo” option.
- Give the application access to the device memory, if needed.
- Download a suitable image from the gallery.
- Crop it at your discretion and tap on the “OK” button.
Method number 2: Computers and laptops
In this case, changing the avatar in Zoom when using a PC program will come out in a few simple steps:
- Open it on your computer or laptop.
- Sign in if you are not already logged in.
- Click on the thumbnail in the upper right corner of the screen, next to the “Search” area.
- In the menu that opens, select the “My profile” item.
- The site will open in your Internet browser, where you must log in to your account. Enter your email and password in the appropriate fields, and then click “Login”
- On the new page, click on the “Change” button
- Now click on the “Upload” item.
- Use File Explorer to add a suitable image.
- Cut it in the appropriate shape.
- And at the end click “Save”.
The program for the computer itself does not currently provide such an opportunity. That is, you can still edit the profile thumbnail only through the official website. If you want to change it again, follow this link and proceed from step 6 of the instructions above.
The Zoom platform has the following requirements for a user’s avatar:
- The maximum size is up to 2 MB.
- Allowed permissions are jpg, jpeg, png, gif.
That is, not every picture will fit. In which case, it can be compressed using some online service, for example, imagecompressor.com.
People also ask
How do I put my picture on Zoom?
Why is my picture not showing on Zoom?
How do you make a background picture on Zoom?
Can you blur background in zoom?
Where is settings in zoom?
How do I see everyone on Zoom?
How do I show my picture on zoom instead of video?
How do you raise a hand in zoom?
Can they see me on Zoom?
How do you zoom in when taking a picture in a meeting?
How do I show my profile picture on Zoom meeting in phone?
How do I hide my profile picture on Zoom?
How do I fix a black screen on Zoom?
What happens if you don’t have a green screen for zoom?
How do you put a background on a team?
What is a green screen for zoom?
How do you blur yourself in zoom?
How do you blur the background in Zoom app?
How do you blur the background in a photo?
What does the regenerate button do in zoom settings?
How do I make my zoom meeting private?
Where are the meeting controls in zoom?
Why can’t I raise my hand in zoom?
How do you react in zoom?
Can you raise your hand in Microsoft teams?
How do I get rid of my picture on Zoom?
How can I get a free green screen?
How do I get green screen on TikTok?
How do I get a green screen?
How do I hide my name in zoom?
How do I participate in Zoom meeting?
How do I allow removed participants in zoom?
Why can’t I raise my hand in teams?
What is hand in option in Microsoft teams?
How do you use Microsoft teams in 2020?
How do I get a green screen without green screen?
What can I use instead of a green screen?
What is the best green screen to buy?
Can I join a zoom meeting without the app?
How does Zoom work for meetings?
How do I accept a zoom meeting invite?
How do I use green screen with Streamlabs?
Can you use a green sheet as a green screen?
How do I get rid of background on OBS without green screen?