After registering on the Zoom platform, the user has access to many possibilities. The most popular is creating your own video conferencing. But there are many others, including changing the profile, along with choosing an avatar. This is also a very useful feature because if you have a thumbnail, it will be easier for other participants in the conversation to understand who they are talking to. In this article, we will figure out how to set an avatar in Zoom.
This feature is present both in the application for mobile devices and on a PC. The only condition is that you have an account, which you can create according to our instructions.
Let’s analyze each of the two methods separately.
You can also put a gif on an avatar in Zoom (gif-file), but it will be static, not animated. That is, the picture will not change in any case.
Method number 1: Mobile application
On Android and iOS, the user’s thumbnail is configured as follows:
- Open the mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Sign in with your account, if you haven’t already.
- Now, using the bottom panel, go to the “Settings” tab.
- Tap on the top column for your name and email.
- Next, click on the item “Profile picture”.
- Select the “Select Photo” option.
- Give the application access to the device memory, if needed.
- Download a suitable image from the gallery.
- Crop it at your discretion and tap on the “OK” button.
Method number 2: Computers and laptops
In this case, changing the avatar in Zoom when using a PC program will come out in a few simple steps:
- Open it on your computer or laptop.
- Sign in if you are not already logged in.
- Click on the thumbnail in the upper right corner of the screen, next to the “Search” area.
- In the menu that opens, select the “My profile” item.
- The site will open in your Internet browser, where you must log in to your account. Enter your email and password in the appropriate fields, and then click “Login”
- On the new page, click on the “Change” button
- Now click on the “Upload” item.
- Use File Explorer to add a suitable image.
- Cut it in the appropriate shape.
- And at the end click “Save”.
The program for the computer itself does not currently provide such an opportunity. That is, you can still edit the profile thumbnail only through the official website. If you want to change it again, follow this link and proceed from step 6 of the instructions above.
The Zoom platform has the following requirements for a user’s avatar:
- The maximum size is up to 2 MB.
- Allowed permissions are jpg, jpeg, png, gif.
That is, not every picture will fit. In which case, it can be compressed using some online service, for example, imagecompressor.com.