The Zoom mobile application practically does not differ in functions from the PC client. But the number of options available for changing in it is much less, since many of them are simply not needed. Even so, users get confused. This article will show you how to set up Zoom on your phone for a better experience.
Step by step guide
To access all the parameters of the mobile application, you need to create an account and log into it. If you have not done so yet, then use this instruction . This is an introductory part, now you can go to the main instructions.
You can get to the parameters tab by tapping on the gear icon on the bottom toolbar.
Here we are interested in four points:
- The column with the name, avatar and email address – profile .
- Contacts .
- Conference .
- Chat .
Let’s analyze each one in turn.
And at the end of the article we will talk about the settings for the organizer of the video conference.
The following data is available for change:
- “Profile photo” – selection of a new avatar.
- “Display name” – select the first and last name that are displayed by default to other users in the contact list or in the conference window.
- “Personal note” is something like a status on social networks.
- “Update password” – change the old password to a new one to enter your account.
- Personal Meeting ID ( PMI) – Available only on a paid account.
- Default Calling Country / Region is a useful option if you plan to connect to landline and mobile numbers.
- Use Fingerprint ID (iPhone – Touch ID and Face ID ) – Protected access to the application.
Let’s move on to the next section.
Here you can sync your Zoom contacts and device phone book, and view add requests.
This section provides many options. In our case, the following are useful:
- Auto Connect… – When you enter a meeting, you will immediately hear other participants if you select the Use Internet mode .
- “Always mute …” – the microphone is disabled by default.
- “Always turn off my video” is the same for the device camera.
- “Always show …” – when you connect to a video conference, you will see what is happening there.
- “Automatically copy …” – the link to enter the conference is automatically placed in the clipboard. So it’s easy to send it to the right people.
- “Safe Special Mode” – swiping to the right on the screen during communication turns off your sound and video.
Configure the following options as desired:
- “Enable preview …” – links will open first in the built-in browser. Helpful for security.
- “Accept notifications for” – modes of receiving notifications.
- “Leave all unread …” – those messages that you have not viewed are displayed at the top of the list.
- “Show counter …” – counter of unread messages for correspondence.
- Do Not Disturb – Temporarily disable notifications.
If you plan to organize conferences yourself, it makes sense to set everything up in advance. From the bottom panel open the appropriate tab and tap on the “Edit” button .
A page with several options will appear. Only three of them will be useful:
- Conference Password – whether participants will need a password to join the meeting. If the item is active, you can enter your password.
- “On. waiting room “ – when entering a meeting, the user will first go to the waiting room, where he will not be able to communicate with other participants until you give permission.
- “Automatically record …” – when the video conference starts, it immediately starts recording to a separate file. Its location will be changed only with a paid subscription.
The “Save” button is needed to apply the changes.
You can start the conference on the same tab if you click “Start” . Access to additional parameters will open immediately after its creation, from the “Details” menu .
The new page has several useful options:
- “Block …” – entry restriction.
- “Waiting room” – the option was described a little earlier.
- “Allow Participants” – Grants other users the rights to screen sharing, chat, and rename themselves.
- “Topic …” – the title of the meeting, which will be visible to everyone.
- “Play sound signal …” – you will hear an alert when someone enters or exits.
- “Mute the sound …” – the participant must turn on the microphone.
To return to the main window, click the “Close” button .
People also ask :
How does Zoom work on mobile?
How do I use zoom meeting on my phone?
How do I set up Zoom?
How do you zoom for beginners?
Is Zoom us free?
How do I join a zoom meeting for the first time on my phone?
How do I join a zoom meeting for the first time PDF?
How do I see all participants in zoom?
Can I use zoom on my phone without the app?
Is zoom better than Skype?
Can you use zoom on your cell phone?
Can I join a zoom meeting from my iPhone?
How do I host a zoom meeting for the first time?
How do you set up a zoom meeting invite?
How do I send a zoom invite?
Can you join a zoom meeting without an account?
How can I look better in zoom?
What should you not do on Zoom?
How do you zoom like a pro?
Is Zoom Unlimited for first time?
What is the easiest way to join a zoom meeting?
Can others see you on Zoom?
Can I join a zoom meeting from my cell phone?
Can you use zoom on phone without WIFI?
Can I use zoom on my phone and computer at the same time?
How do I invite someone to a zoom meeting via email?
Where is the clipboard in zoom?
How do I setup a zoom Meeting on my computer?
How much does a zoom meeting cost?
Does zoom require a phone number?
Does zoom know if you screenshot?
How do I speak in Zoom meeting?
How do you get unlimited minutes on Zoom?
Where is the clipboard?
What is personal meeting ID in zoom?
How do you turn on Raise hand in zoom?
Can you practice zoom by yourself?
Can everyone talk at once on Zoom?
How do you know who is drawing in zoom?
What is a panelist in zoom?
How do you unmute everyone on Zoom?
Why do I have to ask to unmute on Zoom?
How do you unmute in Zoom app?
Why can’t the host unmute me on Zoom?
How do you show panelists in zoom?
How do I change the view on Zoom?
How do you send a message to everyone in zoom?
how to use zoom app on android phone
how to use zoom on android phone
how to use zoom on phone
join zoom meeting by phone
zoom app for android
zoom mobile app
can you use zoom on your phone