The Zoom mobile application practically does not differ in functions from the PC client. But the number of options available for changing in it is much less, since many of them are simply not needed. Even so, users get confused. This article will show you how to set up Zoom on your phone for a better experience.
Step by step guide
To access all the parameters of the mobile application, you need to create an account and log into it. If you have not done so yet, then use this instruction . This is an introductory part, now you can go to the main instructions.
You can get to the parameters tab by tapping on the gear icon on the bottom toolbar.
Here we are interested in four points:
- The column with the name, avatar and email address – profile .
- Contacts .
- Conference .
- Chat .
Let’s analyze each one in turn.
And at the end of the article we will talk about the settings for the organizer of the video conference.
The following data is available for change:
- “Profile photo” – selection of a new avatar.
- “Display name” – select the first and last name that are displayed by default to other users in the contact list or in the conference window.
- “Personal note” is something like a status on social networks.
- “Update password” – change the old password to a new one to enter your account.
- Personal Meeting ID ( PMI) – Available only on a paid account.
- Default Calling Country / Region is a useful option if you plan to connect to landline and mobile numbers.
- Use Fingerprint ID (iPhone – Touch ID and Face ID ) – Protected access to the application.
Let’s move on to the next section.
Here you can sync your Zoom contacts and device phone book, and view add requests.
This section provides many options. In our case, the following are useful:
- Auto Connect… – When you enter a meeting, you will immediately hear other participants if you select the Use Internet mode .
- “Always mute …” – the microphone is disabled by default.
- “Always turn off my video” is the same for the device camera.
- “Always show …” – when you connect to a video conference, you will see what is happening there.
- “Automatically copy …” – the link to enter the conference is automatically placed in the clipboard. So it’s easy to send it to the right people.
- “Safe Special Mode” – swiping to the right on the screen during communication turns off your sound and video.
Configure the following options as desired:
- “Enable preview …” – links will open first in the built-in browser. Helpful for security.
- “Accept notifications for” – modes of receiving notifications.
- “Leave all unread …” – those messages that you have not viewed are displayed at the top of the list.
- “Show counter …” – counter of unread messages for correspondence.
- Do Not Disturb – Temporarily disable notifications.
If you plan to organize conferences yourself, it makes sense to set everything up in advance. From the bottom panel open the appropriate tab and tap on the “Edit” button .
A page with several options will appear. Only three of them will be useful:
- Conference Password – whether participants will need a password to join the meeting. If the item is active, you can enter your password.
- “On. waiting room “ – when entering a meeting, the user will first go to the waiting room, where he will not be able to communicate with other participants until you give permission.
- “Automatically record …” – when the video conference starts, it immediately starts recording to a separate file. Its location will be changed only with a paid subscription.
The “Save” button is needed to apply the changes.
You can start the conference on the same tab if you click “Start” . Access to additional parameters will open immediately after its creation, from the “Details” menu .
The new page has several useful options:
- “Block …” – entry restriction.
- “Waiting room” – the option was described a little earlier.
- “Allow Participants” – Grants other users the rights to screen sharing, chat, and rename themselves.
- “Topic …” – the title of the meeting, which will be visible to everyone.
- “Play sound signal …” – you will hear an alert when someone enters or exits.
- “Mute the sound …” – the participant must turn on the microphone.
To return to the main window, click the “Close” button .