Chats and conversations can be shared with Outlook without needing to leave Teams, by channeling chats.
Share a chat from Teams to Outlook
A copy of a chat in Teams can be sent as an email to a recipient from within Outlook when you share it from within Teams.
- The Share to Outlook option can be selected under More options by clicking on More options.
- Select the recipient or recipients you would like to send the message to. The message can also be customized with familiar email options like adding attachments or adding a personal message.
- After you have prepared your chat for sharing, you can click the Send button on the toolbar to send it to someone else.
Share a channel conversation from Teams to Outlook
As an option within Teams, you can also share the entire conversation within a channel as an email to Outlook as well.
- The option to share a message with Outlook can be accessed by clicking More options in a message.
- Make sure you choose the right recipient(s) for your message. The subject line can also be edited, a custom option is available, and attachments can be added as well.
- If you would like to share the conversation in your channel, click the Send button. This will send the entire history of all the conversations that have taken place.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I link Microsoft Teams to Outlook?
How do I link Microsoft Teams to email?
Can you send an email from Teams?
How do I share an email from a team meeting?