Teams and channels can be viewed in three different ways: by showing, hiding, or pinning them according to your preference.
Show a team or channel
The new team you join will automatically be added to your list of teams when you join it. You will not be able to see your team if you are a member of one, so do the following:
- Scroll down to the bottom of your Teams list on the left side of the page and select Hidden Teams,
- Whenever you are looking for a team, the first step you need to take is to locate the team that you wish to join.
- You will be able to see more options if you select More options.
Hide a team or channel
It is possible to hide a team or channel in your team list if you don’t want it to appear in your team list. You’ll never be able to find a better way to streamline your list and focus on the teams and channels where you’re actively involved than this.
Click on the More options Hide button next to the name of the team or channel you wish to hide.
A hidden channels menu is also available beneath the channel list of a team, under which you can show channels that are hidden from view. Please select Show more options from the drop-down menu.
Pin or unpin a channel
You do not have to hunt through the list looking for the pinned channels as they stay up at the top of the list.
It is possible to pin a channel by going to its name and selecting More options Pin. As a result, the channel will stay at the top of your list at all times. If you decide to change your mind, simply select it again and unpin it when you have decided to change your mind again.
It is a good idea to drag a channel into the order you desire once you pin a channel. In this way, you will be able to conveniently locate all the channels that you have pinned, as long as you do this for several channels.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you show hidden teams in Microsoft teams?
How do you always show hidden channels on a team?
- The option to select more options can be found within the channel. You can hide your profile by selecting the Hide option.
- Unhiding a channel can be done by selecting hidden channels > Show from the drop down menu.