Sign out of Teams
There are times when it might be necessary to log out of Teams and sign into another account in order to use another account or for some other reason, despite the fact that you should stay signed in in order to receive chats, notifications, incoming calls, and other activities.
Depending on your setup, you won’t be able to sign out of Teams if you are using the Windows, macOS, or your web browser version of Teams, which will include your profile picture.
I would recommend you sign in with a new account or sign in with the same one again.
Remove your Teams account from a device
Important: As a result of removing an account from a device, as well as apps and services that are connected to the device, it can affect the overall experience. A number of operating systems including Windows, Android, and iOS allow accounts to be shared among multiple applications on a device in order to increase convenience and efficiency, including Teams.
If you want to successfully remove your account from a device, you may require additional steps to achieve this. Please read the steps below carefully in order to ensure that you follow them correctly. Your operating system’s latest account information can be found here.
Remove an account from Windows
- Select the Start menu, then go to Settings, then Accounts, then click on Email & Accounts.
- You can choose to remove the account from the device by selecting it from the list.
- Follow the instructions on the screen after selecting Remove.
Work or school accounts
- You can access your work or school accounts by selecting Start > Settings > Accounts.
- In order to remove a particular account from your device, you will need to select it.
- After selecting Disconnect, follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
Remove an account from macOS
- Open the Finder by selecting the Finder menu > Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
- If you would like to remove an account, right-click it.
- Please select the option to delete [the name of the account].
Remove an account while in a web browser
Important: It is possible that you may be asked to select the specific account you wish to sign out of if you have multiple accounts signed into your browser. If you are using Microsoft Teams in this case, be sure to choose your account.
- In order to access your profile picture, click on your picture in the web browser’s upper right corner.
- Click on the Sign out button.
As long as you use the same account or a different one to sign in later on, you will be able to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I exit from Teams?
How do I sign out of Microsoft mobile Teams?
- The hamburger menu icon can be found on Android and on iOS devices in the More menu.
- The My Account feature is available only on iOS devices.
- Click on the Log Out button.
Why can’t I leave Teams?
Why can’t I leave Teams group?
How do I sign out of Microsoft teams on iPad?
- On the top left corner of your screen, there are 3 horizontal lines that you need to tap.
- Click on the “Settings” button at the top of the screen.
- Once you have scrolled down to the line that says “Sign out”, you should tap that line.
- As soon as you click “Sign Out” on the login screen you will be presented with a pop-up window asking “Are you sure you want to sign out? ” Click on the “Sign Out” button.