You don’t need an account to easily participate in Zoom meetings, just join the group using a link or a unique ID. But to get access to additional functions (creating your own video conferencing, etc.), you need to create your own account. This article will show you how to sign up for Zoom on different devices.
This procedure is available both on a computer and on mobile devices. And in each of the cases, its implementation is somewhat different. So we’ll go over both instructions for creating an account for the Zoom platform.
Case # 1: Computers and Laptops
The easiest way to create an account is this:
- Go to the corresponding page of the official website.
- First, you will be asked to indicate your date of birth, you need this to confirm your age. Only persons over seventeen years old can create their own account. If you are younger, you can slightly change the year of birth. But it is better to clarify this point in an educational institution, for example, with a teacher or teacher (at school, college, etc.).
- Press the blue button to continue.
- Enter your own email into the top column on the new page.
- And in the field below – the symbols from the picture.
- Click on “Register”.
- Find and open a new email sent on behalf of Zoom. It should appear within a minute. And if not, then check the Spam directory.
- Click on the activation button.
Immediately after that, a new page with a question in English will load. The system asks if you are registering on behalf of the school. This point needs, again, to be clarified in the educational institution. But, most likely, it is enough to click “No” and “Continue” so as not to enter unnecessary data.
On the new page, enter your first and last name (you can use the Cyrillic alphabet), as well as a password. The following requirements are put forward for him:
- The minimum length is 8 characters.
- Availability, uppercase, and lowercase letters (Latin), at least one number.
- There should not be the same symbols or primitive combinations (letters or numbers in a row on the keyboard).
To confirm, click on the “Continue” button.
On the next page – to “Skip …”. You can now close the registered browser tab and launch Zoom on your computer. In the welcome window, click on the highlighted button:
Enter your account information and click “Login to”.
Case # 2: Smartphones and Tablets
When launching the Android or iOS app for the first time, the user will be greeted with the following window:
It has four elements, but we need a Register button, so just tap on it. Next, to check, indicate the month, day and year of your birth. The fact is that users who are at least 17 years old can create an account. Otherwise, an error will appear:
You can get around it if you slightly overestimate your age. But this should be done with caution, because, for example, problems may arise in the case of distance learning at school, in courses, etc.
It is best to check this point with your school.
The next step is to specify the data from the account: email for the subsequent login, your first and last name. On the same page, click on the inscription “I agree …”, and then on the button “Next”.
A letter should also be sent to the specified email box. So look at your Inbox or Spam folder if the former is empty. Tap on the highlighted button:
This will open a new page in the browser with a question in English. They ask you something like the following: “Are you registering on behalf of a school?” If the answer is “Yes”, you will need to fill in additional data.
If you were not told anything about this, then it is better to select “No” and continue the procedure:
- Tap on the “Continue” button.
- On the next page, the fields with the first and last names are already filled in. You just need to enter and confirm the password. It must contain both small and large letters, at least one number, and must be at least 8 characters long.
- If everything is entered correctly, the items will be highlighted in green. Then click “Continue”.
- On the next page, tap on the “Skip this step” button.
- Minimize your browser and go to the Zoom mobile app.
- Click on the “Sign in” item.
- Enter the email address and password from the previously created account.
- Confirm your authorization by clicking on “Log in” again.
- Customize the app as you like. For example, it immediately prompts you to sign in with your fingerprint (Android), Touch ID, or Face ID (iOS).
Now you know how to sign up for Zuma via your phone or tablet. After logging into your account, you will have access to:
- Connecting to existing conferences.
- Launch your own.
- Task Manager.
- And much more.
Spend your time profitably!
how to sign up in zoom app in mobile
how to activate zoom account
zoom sign up not working
how to use zoom
how do i sign up for a zoom account
how to sign in zoom app in mobile
how to create zoom
zoom for mac