There is the option of speaking with any member of your organization through a chat without having to arrange a team meeting if you would like to speak with them one-on-one or in a group setting. These calls are not going to appear in any team conversations in the future, as they are private calls. The call entries for the calls you have made, however, will be visible in your chat when you log in.
- Click on the New chat button at the top of your chat list to start a new conversation in your chat list.
- The To field at the top of the new chat window is where you will enter the name or names of the recipient.
- Start a video call or an audio call by selecting the appropriate option from the drop-down list.
Video calls can be held between up to 20 people at the same time.
It is possible to disable the calling buttons in a group chat if the number of participants exceeds 20.
When you want to start a new call from the command line, you can use it if you are not already in a chat with the person you want to call. You can reach the person you are looking for by going to the command box at the top of your screen and typing /call, and then getting their name or selecting it from the list.
A one-to-one call can also be initiated from the profile card of someone you wish to talk to. From a channel or a search result, click the picture of the person to open it.
A number can be called directly if your organization has set it up to be able to do so — even if it’s not located within your organization.
You can launch calls from one-on-one or group chats:
- The first step is to select New chat in the header of your chat list and enter their names or a combination of their names.
- During a chat, you will be able to select whether you want to make an audio or video call. Your caller’s desktop or mobile app allows them to answer your call from wherever they are.
The profile card of a person also allows you to start a call from there. If you are in a channel or are searching for someone, you can open their profile picture by tapping it.
- There will be no calling buttons available if there are more than 20 people in a group chat.
- It’s possible to call a phone number directly if it’s configured for it in your organization, even if it’s outside of your organization if it’s set up this way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make a phone call in Teams?
How do I activate a call in Microsoft teams?
Can you dial out from a Teams meeting?
How do you make a phone call?
- Go to the Phone app on your phone and open it.
- Select the person you’d like to talk to: Tap the Dialpad to enter a phone number. You can select a saved contact from the Contacts section by tapping the Contacts button. …
- Select the Call option from the menu.
- You can end the call when you are done with it by tapping on the End call button. The call bubble on the left corner of your screen can be dragged to the bottom right corner, if your call is minimized.