Whether you are engaging an important client or catching up on a group discussion, meetings are a vital place in Microsoft Teams to get work done – no matter what the project is.
A team meeting consists of three parts:
- Before: Invites are created and sent out when they are created.
- During: Everyone meets at the same time.
- After: Sharing recaps and action items with each other is the best way to keep everyone on track.
Getting started with meetings in Teams is as simple as following these basic steps.
Before a meeting
Before joining a meeting, set your settings:
- You can create a new meeting by going to your calendar.
- Invite colleagues within your organization as well as customers or guests from outside your organization to the invitation.
- Whether it is an online meeting or a location-based meeting, you can add a location.
- The agenda should be typed.
- If you are proposing a time and you are not sure if it will work for everyone, check Scheduling Assistant.
- Select if you want the meeting to be recorded automatically if someone is unable to attend the meeting and then click Send.
- Your calendar, your email, a channel, or your mobile device can all be used to join a meeting.
- Select the Join now button after selecting your meeting settings from the pre-join screen.
During a meeting
In a meeting, explore the following techniques for interacting with others:
- Share your thoughts without interrupting others by selecting Raise your hand.
- It is a good idea to ask your questions in the meeting chat so that you don’t interrupt any speakers.
- Choose React from the menu to show your feeling in real-time by choosing a reaction.
- By selecting Share, you have the option of showing a presentation, a window, or your entire screen to your colleagues.
After a meeting
Once the meeting is over, review the documents and follow up with everyone as soon as possible:
- You can view the files shared in your calendar invite, the recording of the meeting, or the transcript by going to your calendar invite.
- Let your team know what you have learned or what action items you have taken.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I invite to Microsoft team meeting?
Why can’t I start a meeting in Teams?
Where is the meeting link in Microsoft Teams?
- The Participants icon can be accessed from the meeting controls.
- A panel called Participants appears.
- You can copy the join information by clicking or tapping the icon.
- The details of the meeting, including the link to join, are copied to the clipboard on your device. Send a message to the recipient with the details of the meeting pasted into the message.
How do I start Microsoft Teams on my laptop?
- Start teams. In Windows, click Start. > Microsoft Teams. Select Microsoft Teams from the Applications folder on the Mac. Tap Teams on your mobile device.
- Enter the username and password you used to sign up for Microsoft 365.
How do you tell if a Teams meeting has started?
Can you start a Teams meeting without the host?
How do Microsoft Teams meetings work?
How do I find my team ID for a meeting?
How do I use Microsoft meeting?
- Launch Microsoft Teams.
- In the app bar, select Calendar, then New meeting.
- Make a note of the meeting’s purpose, add a title, and invite other attendees. …
- Select Save when you’re finished filling out the details.
How do I connect to Microsoft Teams meeting on my laptop?
- You can join the meeting by clicking on the link in your email invitation. …
- There are three options available to you:…
- Name should be typed.
- Specify your video and audio settings.
- Click Join now.
- In some meetings, you’ll be admitted right away, while in others, you’ll wait in a lobby to be admitted.