Apps make collaboration in Microsoft Teams easier and more efficient by customizing, simplifying, and optimizing how you work.
Apps in Teams helps you and your colleagues stay focused and organized with apps, tools, and more.
Adding an app to Teams can be done in three different places, all of which are listed below:
- Chat: Directly taking action during a conversation.
- Channel: Keeping your team informed and sharing content.
- Meeting: During your meeting, you can collaborate in real-time.
In a chat, add an application
Add an app directly into your reply for people to be able to take action within a chat when they are ready.
- You can add an app by selecting More options (…) under the message box.
- If you are looking for an app for people to take action on approvals or task assignments, you can search and choose what you want, and follow the steps to add it to the system.
- To easily access an app from a quick menu, click on the Add a tab (+) button.
Create a channel where you can work with apps
Keep people on track by adding project or work management apps to your channels.
In a similar way to a chat, you can:
- The app can be added to a channel as a tab so that everyone can access it easily.
- Keep in the flow of a conversation by adding an app.
In a meeting, you can collaborate using apps
Use whiteboarding apps, survey apps, and more to facilitate real-time collaboration among meeting attendees.
- Your meeting can be enhanced by adding an app by selecting the plus sign (+).
- Then follow the steps to add the app by searching for it and choosing it.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get team links to open in the app?
What is Auto Start application in Microsoft Teams?
How do I open Teams app instead of browser?
How do I stop Teams from opening in browser?
- To open a Teams link, you must first click on it in order to make it appear.
- If teams.microsoft.com is set to allow opening of links of this type in the associated app, then it can open links of this type whenever this option is checked.
- On the next screen, you will see the option to “Open Microsoft Teams.”
- As a final step, join the meeting as soon as possible.
How do I start a startup team?
How do I turn off Microsoft start?
- Click File > Options after opening the program.
- The Start up options box should be unchecked, and the program should be closed.
How do I restart my Teams app?
Why Teams link not opening in app?
Why won’t my Teams app open?
How do I fix my team app?
- WinX can be accessed by pressing Win + X.
- The context menu will appear. Click on Settings.
- In the left pane, click the Apps tab.
- Choose Apps & Features from the drop-down menu.
- The Microsoft Teams app can be found by searching for it or finding it on the app store.
- Click the Repair button under the Reset section at the bottom of the screen.